Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

95 SC400 won't fire, need help with external fuse box wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 03:37 PM
PapaCap
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 SC400 won't fire, need help with external fuse box wiring

Hey guys. Got a 95 sc400 that won't fire at the plugs. The car was hit, so I had to replace the external fuse box.

Anyway, I tested the ignitor with the key in the on position and am getting 12v on the far left & center pins on both upper and lower plug-ins. So I believe it is getting power. However, when I turn the key off, those pins are showing .5v. Should they have any power? I'm thinking not and am wondering if I have something wired wrong or if the harness was damaged during the collision.

Anybody have a picture of the underbelly of the external fuse/relay box? Or a wiring schematic? Anybody know if those pins should be dead with the key off? Thanks.

PapaCap
Old 11-06-09, 07:20 PM
PapaCap
Driver School Candidate

Replaced ecu. Still nothing. And fuel pump doesn't come on. Gonna replace fuel pump ecu and check crank angle sensor for signal. Also, gonna find a relay box and take pics to make sure it is wired correctly.

PapaCap
Old 11-08-09, 08:10 PM
PapaCap
Driver School Candidate

Default It's alive!

Got this sucker running. Basically, I had to de-wire the external fuse box, then only plug in the necessary fuses/relays sans the efi main relay. I used a hot jumper to bypass that relay and BOOM, there goes the dynamite. I knew it was something good when the 'check engine' light came on when I turned the ignition (wasn't doing that before, which would suggest dead ecu). Hadn't been fired in 2 years, but the car fired right up. Now I'm gonna rewire the car, one relay at a time. This was a great experience, especially since I had to learn all the wires and how they interact with the ecu. Good luck on your projects.

PapaCap