Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Single turbo questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 12:16 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single turbo questions.

Ok,

Engine is 2jzgte jdm

I just ordered a bullseye power s366 witha tial 44mm gate. Should be here by friday, wll be posting pictures of it. The s366 has a .91 divided on it and it will be put on a divided manifold.

This will be a budget kit so a good functional single turbo setup less than 2k is ideal. So far, I've spent roughly 1300 shipped on the turbo and gate, which to me is a killer deal for new parts.

Now I have to look around for a manifold, downpipe, oil lines. Any suggestions? Probably goin xspower brand dowpipe and manifold at the most.

How big should the oil lines be? I've researched and a -3 an for oil feed and a relatively large oil return line will be ideal but not sure exactly how long and big to make these.

Also what kind of adaptors would I need to make these work on the block. Like some sort of sandwich plate that bolts on to the oil return flange with a -an fitting on it?

Suggestions and comments are welcome.
Old 10-27-09, 12:33 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Found a manifold for a really good price used. It is used and says BMPC on it. Anyone recognize it? I did some research and seems to be about a $300 Manifold. Bought it for 1/3 the price. Couldn't find it on ebay though.

Also has 2 runners goin to the wastegate. Dont' know if that will make a difference.

Here are some pics of the ports

Left 2

Middle 2

Right 2

All ports

Divided t4 with slag.. I plan on cleaning this up.

4bolt wastegate flange to be converted to tial vband also has some slag.

Another shot from behind the ports showing the 2 wastegate runners and the raised spacer for clearence.

All in all, not too bad for 100 shipped. Thoughts on how to make it better?
Old 10-27-09, 12:41 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Also, does anyone have any idea where I can find a 4bolt to v-band adapter? I might use that instead of welding the vband on there
Old 10-27-09, 12:49 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You should try ebay for the DP and the wastegate V band adapter .
Old 10-27-09, 12:55 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that manifold is identical to my XS manifold, except the T4 flange you have there looks as if someone added another flange to it. As for the WG flange, best to just weld the new flange on there cause there isnt much clearance room for the wastegate.

contact Mark(98mkiv) over on clubna-t and he will set you up with the bolt on oil return flange for your oil pan that is a -8an female fitting if I remember correctly. Jegs will carry the -3an and -8an lines, or look on ebay. I used ebay hoses with Jegs fittings.

Also if you dont want to drill/tap your union bolt for the feed line, look on fleabay for a sandwich plate. They eliminate drilling the union bolt and have 2 addition fitting ports for oil press. and temp gauges and make installing and setting up the feed line a 10 minute job.

Sounds like your off to a good start. PM me if you have any questions. I pieced my na-t kit together the same way you are, and have been loving it and ready to take the next step with it.
Old 10-27-09, 01:01 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
that manifold is identical to my XS manifold, except the T4 flange you have there looks as if someone added another flange to it. As for the WG flange, best to just weld the new flange on there cause there isnt much clearance room for the wastegate.

contact Mark(98mkiv) over on clubna-t and he will set you up with the bolt on oil return flange for your oil pan that is a -8an female fitting if I remember correctly. Jegs will carry the -3an and -8an lines, or look on ebay. I used ebay hoses with Jegs fittings.

Also if you dont want to drill/tap your union bolt for the feed line, look on fleabay for a sandwich plate. They eliminate drilling the union bolt and have 2 addition fitting ports for oil press. and temp gauges and make installing and setting up the feed line a 10 minute job.

Sounds like your off to a good start. PM me if you have any questions. I pieced my na-t kit together the same way you are, and have been loving it and ready to take the next step with it.
I"m actually goin single on my tt motor. So I don't have to drill anything.

Yes, the t-4 flange was welded on there to have more clearance for the drain line.

I have a local ss line shop that I can buy fittings from no problem.

The problem with welding the flange on there is that I can't tell if the flange will be able to accommodate both runners.

It is a tial 44 goin on this manifold.
Old 10-27-09, 01:09 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Oh ok, well the oil lines should be fairly easy to do. The flange should work with the dual runners on the WG. My 4-bolt 38mm flange was very easy to weld in place of the larger flange that was there. If you cut directly on the weld that is there, then clean the old weld, and fit the new flange in place you wont have any issues. I would worry about placing an adapter in there, just due to the lack of room.
Old 10-27-09, 01:15 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me being a neat freak, id clean it really well. "port and polish"? if that term can be applied to it then yea, it sounds like something i would do.
Old 10-27-09, 01:25 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ashtray
me being a neat freak, id clean it really well. "port and polish"? if that term can be applied to it then yea, it sounds like something i would do.
I don't mind it being dirty, I just don't want to risk killing the turbo.

Honestly it doesn't seem that its THAT bad, but why risk it.

Also, the manifold is about 20 lbs. Is this a good thing?

Last edited by lemmiewink; 10-27-09 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 01:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I cleaned all the slag from my manifold too, but I think the polishing part would apply but not the porting lol.

20lbs sounds about right.
Old 10-27-09, 04:52 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=lemmiewink;4960679]Found a manifold for a really good price used. It is used and says BMPC on it. Anyone recognize it? I did some research and seems to be about a $300 Manifold. Bought it for 1/3 the price. Couldn't find it on ebay though.

Also has 2 runners goin to the wastegate. Dont' know if that will make a difference.

Here are some pics of the ports

Left 2

.jpg[/IMG]

BMPC was a Racing team/Performance shop in South Florida that went out of business. I think they were affiliated with Big Daddy Performance and they split and went their own way. If you have any questions about it you can google Bid Daddy Performance MKIII or MKIV, he's a king in the in the drag racing arena with his 8 second Supra. He just ran a 8.1ET in the 1/4 mile last weekend..

From what I remember, they made some quality stuff..
Old 10-27-09, 05:14 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

BMPC was a Racing team/Performance shop in South Florida that went out of business. I think they were affiliated with Big Daddy Performance and they split and went their own way. If you have any questions about it you can google Bid Daddy Performance MKIII or MKIV, he's a king in the in the drag racing arena with his 8 second Supra. He just ran a 8.1ET in the 1/4 mile last weekend..

From what I remember, they made some quality stuff..
Yea, I researched as much. There just wasn't alot of information about these manifolds in particular.

Should I bother bracing this manifold then?

Last edited by lemmiewink; 10-27-09 at 05:19 PM.