Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sway bar in the way of lower radiator tube

Old 10-12-09, 08:24 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sway bar in the way of lower radiator tube

Okay this one has me stumped. Putting the radiator in last night the lower hose runs right in the sway bar. I have the gromet in for the radiator and not missing any other parts. My thought was toward the geometry of the sway bar since the car is dropped - I have no wheel gap in the front. I did change all the control arms and sway bar connectors so that is why I am wondering if the sway bar is contorted...

I am a little stumped so wanted to kick some thoughts out here and possible see some pics of where your sway bars sit.

Old 10-12-09, 05:04 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some pictures???
Old 10-12-09, 07:35 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Pg 9 of my build thread shows the supra sway geometry with the wheels up in the air. Stock sway is similar just less aft twist. Something about the sway doesn't seem right. Is it attached to the endlinks already?
Old 10-13-09, 07:04 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Slappy -

Thanks for those pictures. Yea it seems tweaked. I will take a look at it when I get home this evening. I can tell you that the endlinks looked "stretched" but still did not think it would turn the bar that much. Also your "bump" looks to be to the ground and mine it angled to the front. My thought when looking at it was if I could turn it toward the ground it would be fine.

Need to get this solved and get the fans in so when the sensors come in that I ordered off supraforums, the car will be ready to put gas in and attempt a startup.