Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Stock auto trans

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 01:51 PM
RaceNaked
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock auto trans

I have been searching and searching for the answer to my ? and cant seem to find it so hopfully someone can help me out. IM considering on buying an auto sc300 probably around a 92. I want to know what kind of power the stock auto transmission can hold before it starts slipping. I know the motors are the same in the na supras and can hold alot with the right set up so im mostly wondering about the tranny. if someone can answer this i would apprecaite it.
Old 08-13-09, 02:12 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well if someone can estimate the HP on my na-t with stock hg and fuel at 9psi, guessing low 300whp, then your good..If I remember correctly with no modifications it should be good to 350whp, and with a couple shims and a cooler mid 400hp? Dont quote me on that, but going off of memory from what has been posted before..but my memory kinda sucks at times.
Old 08-14-09, 06:07 AM
RaceNaked
Driver School Candidate

Ok cool well thanks thats more info then i was able to fine so far. So if im wanting in the mid 400 range could i just go to a transmission shop andhave them build it to hold that or do u have any recomendations on what I could do to make it hold? Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-14-09, 08:02 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceNaked
Ok cool well thanks thats more info then i was able to fine so far. So if im wanting in the mid 400 range could i just go to a transmission shop andhave them build it to hold that or do u have any recomendations on what I could do to make it hold? Thanks again for the help.
you can shim the stock trans to give it a little more holding power, there is also a way to swap clutch packs, but I dont know all the details. The link below will get you started. You can also look around for a BL Built auto trans if you have some cash to spare.

Easiest way to give a little more comfort room though would be to add a good trans cooler.

http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread...ght=auto+trans
Old 08-14-09, 09:19 AM
RaceNaked
Driver School Candidate

Ok cool like i said im just looking for around 400 maybe 450 daily driven so im just curious what it will hold. Yea i was reading boost logic will build it for u but idk how much that would run me. I thought about maybe swapping to a 5spd also but im sure that could be pricey as well. Ill keep looking and thanks again for ur help.