Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need an answer ASAP! Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 11:08 AM
vespid82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need an answer ASAP! Thanks

Will a propeller shaft coupling (rubber piece on the output side of the transmission to the front of the propeller / drive shaft) from a 93-98 Toyota Supra TURBO fit in that same location on my 95 SC400?

The reason I ask is I am in the middle of performing a transmission mount replacement and I noticed the coupling is badly worn. I did some searching around and found that the NON-Turbo coupling is said to work. It's part number is 3751124010. The turbo Supra has a part listed as 3751130020.

Anyone have any experience with this or know an answer? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vespid82; 07-08-09 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 11:09 AM
vespid82
Driver School Candidate

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I had to make this account to ask this question. My other account "CytrikAcyd" is disabled and has been for SOME time now, but I do not know why. Inactivity perhaps? So yea, if any admins could let me know why, that'd be great as well, lol.
Old 07-08-09, 11:44 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Sounds like a question the Toyota parts department could answer.
Just go with the non-turbo. The 6spd is very different, but I would imagine components related to the drive shaft are pretty standard on most toyotas.
If I were you I would just take the worn piece over to the parts department and check it out first hand.
Old 07-08-09, 03:37 PM
vespid82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Sounds like a question the Toyota parts department could answer.
Just go with the non-turbo. The 6spd is very different, but I would imagine components related to the drive shaft are pretty standard on most toyotas.
If I were you I would just take the worn piece over to the parts department and check it out first hand.
HA! I wish. I have never been more pissed off in so few sentences as I have been for the last couple days with my local Toyota AND Lexus dealership' parts departments. They don't want to lift a finger for help and I am 100% convinced they have NO idea about our cars. Case in point. THREE dealerships that I called for a price quote on the rear engine mount (the one that goes under the transmission) ALL asked me the following question immediately after asking the model. "Automatic or manual?" So much so that I ended up responding to one "Well, they SC400 didn't come with a manual, so it's an automatic." He had the ***** to reply "Well, you're incorrect because I'm looking at it right here on the screen." I go "Oh really? What years did the SC400 get offered with a manual transmission, I'm curious." He just goes "Well... you said automatic right? I don't know, it's just what it's asking me." Maybe the fact that I own one has something to do with it, but if you're working at a LEXUS parts department, that MIGHT be one tidbit of information you should be familiar with...

Alright, let me stop ranting and move along. I ended up picking up a used one from a GS, with the same 3751124010 part number, that fit and works fine. And the final cost for said piece? $5.

Talking with these dealership' parts departments was like pulling teeth!
Old 07-09-09, 09:17 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah, cant argue with you there. I usually just ask for the printout of parts they have for the section im looking at and ask them to bring out the part number so I can look at it.
glad you got it fixed.