Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

First major mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 07:01 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thread. Keep us updated. I was planning on buying a lightened flywheel when I replace my clutch, and I think I am going to go with the fidanza. Anyone know how much gas mileage will suffer?
Old 04-10-09, 07:54 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was thinking of going with act as my replacement for my clutch cus im preppin for na-t, as far as the flywheel goes ill just probably have it resurfaced. im glad everything worked out for you, now try not to burn this one too fast lol.
Old 04-10-09, 08:36 PM
1uzgirl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm maybe ill get this for my bf dorikaze. haha he need a stiffer pressure plate to handle the drifting he does so ill probably get this for him at the same time. if you can, PM the results after break in period please

Last edited by 1uzgirl; 04-10-09 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-11-09, 05:38 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Awesome thread. Keep us updated. I was planning on buying a lightened flywheel when I replace my clutch, and I think I am going to go with the fidanza. Anyone know how much gas mileage will suffer?
I'm all the way in PA for the weekend and for the trip i averaged about 25-26 mpg highway, the same as before the flywheel. The mileage numbers will probably suffer more in the city than the highway though as the RPMs climb faster.

Originally Posted by davidv433
i was thinking of going with act as my replacement for my clutch cus im preppin for na-t, as far as the flywheel goes ill just probably have it resurfaced. im glad everything worked out for you, now try not to burn this one too fast lol.
I would just get the flywheel resurfaced. NA-T is going to accelerate quickly as it is and if combined with the lightweight flywheel it will make it a bit hard to drive. This time through im going to make sure it'll last this time

Originally Posted by 1uzgirl
hmm maybe ill get this for my bf dorikaze. haha he need a stiffer pressure plate to handle the drifting he does so ill probably get this for him at the same time. if you can, PM the results after break in period please
I'll post up my review for everyone to see in due time
Old 04-12-09, 03:00 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the weight of the stock flywheel?
Old 04-13-09, 11:48 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
What's the weight of the stock flywheel?
22 lbs is stock weight. new one is 12 lbs
Old 05-13-09, 07:26 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Default Update and review

Well, I promised to do a review of this sucker, but i wanted to get some 1/4 mile times to really show the difference, I'll hit the track next week for some numbers.

So far the performance aspects of this flywheel are very apparent. Quicker acceleration than my last setup but deceleration is also quicker making some of my passengers a little nauseous. From stoplights, you need to give it a little more gas and let out the clutch faster so it doesn't bog down. A spirited right foot really helps in this, but may not be to friendly for those who like the smooth ride quality expected from a lexus. Heel-toe in this car is a little different as well, but im slowly getting my footing back and it's easy to just blip the throttle to where i want it now. Gas mileage, as mentioned before, has a very noticable drop in the city, but no changes on the highway. It's funny these days everytime i lay on it hard, i look at the gas gauge and go "WTF i burned that much gas???" It goes down pretty quickly here smack in the middle of Indy and these rising gas prices are not helping.

When i get some number from the 1/4 mile i will post them up. I also want to do some autocross or club racing done this summer so i can't wait to see how that turns out. Overall I'm very happy with this upgrade. IDK if i want to keep the engine for long though....I'll hit that crossroad when it comes though

BTW if anyone can help me, I'd like to get a comparison video up just so people have a better idea of what to expect when buying one of these. Let me know if you wanna help, I'll let you know what i need. thx

Last edited by StiCk3; 05-13-09 at 07:29 PM.