Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I made a video! First start up for turbo setup gt3076r *incomplete

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 08:33 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I made a video! First start up for turbo setup gt3076r *incomplete

About time I got it started! Has no o2 sensor and downpipe, not all of the IC pipes are tightend or even finalize, and i took the Turbo heat shield off for when I was pre oiling the turbo, there is no revving due to only 2 bolts on manifold no wastegate, waiting on a tial to get in and get the v-band welded, so there is a plate covering where the wategate goes. When I went to look at the oil and boost gauges I hit the stop recording button :/ my badd, but i hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jvoibb9O9M

Last edited by 1siksc; 02-17-09 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-12-09, 08:54 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Sound really good man!
Old 02-12-09, 09:53 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Gj man.

If I may add something. Call Garrett and see what they recommend for max/min oil pressure to that turbo. A general rule of thmb is 25psi max and 5 minimum at idle or so. That looks like a -3 line, so your pressure is probably close to engine oil pressure, hopefully 20+ at idle and alot more under full load. It's something that gets overlooked by 99% of people that go single and is crucial to turbo life. Easiest way to check is to just go buy a couple fittings at your local hardware store and a pressure gauge to screw into them before the turbo. You can either run a bypass system with a restrictor, or just a restrictor itself, but the latter is less reliable for smooth pressure. That thing is gonna spool like mad and your torque curve is going to be sexy.
Old 02-13-09, 03:30 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CThompsen
About time I got it started! Has no o2 sensor and downpipe, not all of the IC pipes are tightend or even finalize, and i took the Turbo heat shield off for when I was pre oiling the turbo, there is no revving due to only 2 bolts on manifold no wastegate, waiting on a tial to get in and get the v-band welded, so there is a plate covering where the wategate goes. When I went to look at the oil and boost gauges I hit the stop recording button :/ my badd, but i hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jvoibb9O9M
CThompsen I have been waiting for a long hot minute for this (SUMMER). Which Tial Waste Gate (44mm, 46mm)? More Clips when you get her on the road. Great Job with both Swaps
Old 02-13-09, 06:15 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Is that filter on the valvecover temporary? Did you remove the crank case vent system?
Old 02-13-09, 06:41 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Gj man.

If I may add something. Call Garrett and see what they recommend for max/min oil pressure to that turbo. A general rule of thmb is 25psi max and 5 minimum at idle or so. That looks like a -3 line, so your pressure is probably close to engine oil pressure, hopefully 20+ at idle and alot more under full load. It's something that gets overlooked by 99% of people that go single and is crucial to turbo life. Easiest way to check is to just go buy a couple fittings at your local hardware store and a pressure gauge to screw into them before the turbo. You can either run a bypass system with a restrictor, or just a restrictor itself, but the latter is less reliable for smooth pressure. That thing is gonna spool like mad and your torque curve is going to be sexy.
Thanks! I am hoping so, i can't wait until it's finished! What do you think i should do for Fuel lines, rail, injectors, fpr, and dual fuelpumps?
Ohh and I did purchase a restrictor fitting from Turbo Addicts

"Oil inlet fitting for GT Ball Bearing Turbos for GT28R/GT28RS/GT30R/GT35R with built-in oil restrictor (of .035 hole size). Custom machined part. Output is -4 AN male flare. use with any of our -4 feed line assemblies"

Originally Posted by TURBO819
CThompsen I have been waiting for a long hot minute for this (SUMMER). Which Tial Waste Gate (44mm, 46mm)? More Clips when you get her on the road. Great Job with both Swaps
Definetly! When it's in the 30's you just don't feel like working on a vehicle. I ordered the Tial 44mm, and while i was at it i also orderd a new camera battery since the one i had was wanting to die every 3-4 minutes.

Originally Posted by RyanV
Is that filter on the valvecover temporary? Did you remove the crank case vent system?
Yes that APC(Another Pi3ce of Cr4p) Air Breather is just temporary, i'm gonna try to replicate the design of the Powerhouse Racing Engine Breather Kit
Old 02-13-09, 07:48 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

That's gonna be a great setup.

Ryan
Old 02-13-09, 08:50 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Thats good that you got the restrictor, it would be even better if you can find out a way to measure the pressure, you could buy the three fittings, one gauge, set so you can just unscrew your line, screw in the fittings and check the pressure, then screw the line right back into the turbo.

Best bang for the buck fuel setup I have found so far:
http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cg...key=FKT-145--6

But honestly, you can probably push that 3076 as far as you want on stock fuel w/o any problems. If you get to the point where you actually need more fuel with it, you're probably above and beyond it's efficiency range. What ECU are you running? I noticed that you haven't run the IACV back around to the inlet so I'm guessing you have converted to MAP somewhere.
Old 02-13-09, 12:36 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

It's the JDM wiring Harness and ECU so no MAS.
Old 02-13-09, 01:33 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CThompsen
It's the JDM wiring Harness and ECU so no MAS.
Gotcha.