Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

just swapped a 2jzgte motor and the climate control unit doesnt work!!! i searched

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-08, 11:51 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just swapped a 2jzgte motor and the climate control unit doesnt work!!! i searched

well heres the story.

my AC and climate control and everything was working fine before the swap. after the motor went in and everything wired up the car started just fine. everything was running and smooth.

but there was a plug under the glove box on the passenger side with 5 wires that was supposedly there to control the climate control. the harness was too short. so finally i got around to extending it. plugged it up and nothing.

my lcd lights up. but none of the lights on the buttons light up and the **** doesnt do anything. no beeps no control over anything.

another strange problem was that my cig lighter is no longer working, i know these 2 are tied but i checked all the fuses and there fine.

we used the ge harness to power the acc in the car and just added wires and pins for the components needed for the gte motor.

did i miss something or need to wire something else?
Old 12-23-08, 06:57 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by booja
well heres the story.

my AC and climate control and everything was working fine before the swap. after the motor went in and everything wired up the car started just fine. everything was running and smooth.

but there was a plug under the glove box on the passenger side with 5 wires that was supposedly there to control the climate control. the harness was too short. so finally i got around to extending it. plugged it up and nothing.

my lcd lights up. but none of the lights on the buttons light up and the **** doesnt do anything. no beeps no control over anything.

another strange problem was that my cig lighter is no longer working, i know these 2 are tied but i checked all the fuses and there fine.

we used the ge harness to power the acc in the car and just added wires and pins for the components needed for the gte motor.

did i miss something or need to wire something else?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...c-problem.html
Old 12-23-08, 08:06 AM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I've read that thread. It just talks about the clutch not working on the Ac compressor.

My whole unit didn't work, I can't control the temp, the vents, the defrosters, or the blower.
Old 12-23-08, 08:32 AM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

if you removed the bezel or trim that goes around your shifter and then up all the way around the climate control, theres two plugs in the upper left corner ensure they are connected securely. dont know if this will help but one more possibility can be ruled out. my black little box connection always comes of when working in that area.

Last edited by shonuff53; 12-23-08 at 08:36 AM. Reason: extra info