Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM Wiring for a 2JZGTE swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 08:09 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JDM Wiring for a 2JZGTE swap

1. I have SEARCHED
2. A lot of info...most 2+ years ago that says you can not do it and I now know we can.
3. I am going to use the JDM ECU/Wiring harness
4. I am NOT wanting to send this out. I do my own work as much as possible so I know Dr. Phoenix can do it but I want to do it.

What I am looking for is some direction on what is needed to complete the transition. I know that the wires need to be lengthened and that is not an issue. Is it then only the body plugs that need to be changed? If that is the only thing that will need to be changed I am guessing it is deciphering what wire does what on the sc300 harness to match to the JDM. I believe the JDM schematic has been discovered. I think I have that in the excel sheet I discovered (I just have to find it).

I am going in completely stock and JDM to avoid any variables during diag when i start it up. I will then begin to upgrade cams, turbos, ect...
Old 12-13-08, 01:15 PM
million3g
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea Ive been looking into this to. Do you know if you need the original ecu that came with the harness?
Old 12-15-08, 07:26 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i know you use the ecu and the harness but what I am trying to find out is on swapping the body plugs. Need to know what the pin out are.