Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Finally doing "it" this weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 11:34 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally doing "it" this weekend!!!

2JZ-GTE swap that is. I have been piecing it together since July and I finally think I'm ready. I started it yesterday (Saturday) I pulled the engine and started transferring all my old accessories over to the new engine (my car is in really good shape and I trust it more than the stuff on the JDM engine) and all the little things you have to do like modding the PS tank and all the other little thing and there are a lot of those thing

I am taking pictures and will post them in this post latter. I hope to get it in and running tonight or Monday

Engine Mods:

-Aristo JDM Engine (rebuilt for someone else's swap but was never completed and in many ways screwed it up that is one of the reasons it has taken me so long, but the actual long block was rebuild by a reputable shop)
-Dr. Tweak plug and play harness
-PTE61 turbo
-40mm HKS standard wastegate
-AEM Tru-Boost gauge and controller
-SAFC Neo
-Blittz Access computer (made to run on an Aristo BPU car running about 14 lbs raised RPM and the boost cut and things like that are turned off) I am hoping that will get me tuned close because after the motor is broke in I plan to run about 14lbs with a goal of about 400 WHP (stock w58 for now so I hope it holds up because I'm broke)
-AEM wideband
-2.5 SS IC pipes with a hyperflow FMIC (I don't have a tig welder so I hope I'll be able to get those welded up without any problems)
-Greddy type s BOV
-3" down pipe with a 3" E-cutout (not sure yet were there will be room for this).
-Titan Chromed cam gears ( I broke the stock ones so my Brother bought me these )
-FAL fans
-DF clutch

Car mods:

-Supra LSD (3.76)
-Tein Flex coilovers
-TT BBK
-Titan sway bars
-TRD front tower bar
-19" staggered Volk GT-S
-Diezen steering bushings
-short shifter
-Nitrous (I'll change it from a 100 shot, to a 50 just in case shot)
-red top battery
-TT seats
-Vertex +25 front fenders
The car is in great shape!!

5 short hours later

About 4 am

Pretty much the final deal besides a few things i.e. filter

Last edited by LCSC; 10-18-08 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-12-08, 11:43 AM
Billy305
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats and good luck on the install!
Old 10-12-08, 12:02 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn lucky u... post pics and good luck
Old 10-12-08, 01:26 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

This thing is going to be a beast! Next mod, LSD.
Old 10-12-08, 03:03 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! Good luck
Old 10-12-08, 05:30 PM
DarkManXXX
Rookie

Next mod v160...I sure wish you the best of luck with that tranny on that motor. That motor makes a lot of torque in bpu form and I am pretty sure that it will be tough for the w58, especially that one-two shift. Have fun bro.
Old 10-13-08, 11:17 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Well quick update I finally got the engine back in the car this morning about 5 am. My suggestion is that if you are going to do this it would be better to pull the engine and tranny together because I had a hard time sticking the engine on the transition and the engine mounts at the same time. Just putting the engine in took me about 3.5 hours but I was by myself and maybe an extra hand would have helped to push and lift at the same time.

Pics will come soon and I should get it running today after work. I'll aso list all my mods to the car
Old 10-13-08, 12:06 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

pulling engine and trans together is the easiest, best, and most efficient way to do it. it doesnt take long to remove the trans mount and such. lining up the motor to the trans and the mounts is a pain.

congrats. need pics and some videos
Old 10-13-08, 12:54 PM
million3g
Driver

post some pics man. possible write up? i might be doing this for my winter project.
Old 10-14-08, 12:37 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

I just go done working on it for today. I will post pics today for sure. I got the engine in and it is running and driving but I have a few problems.

The power steering tank is overflowing (it is the pump off my old engine and worked great)

My turbo is blowing a little oil out of the compressor out let, It is just on the manifold with a down pipe but no IC pipes. I went out to break in the engine using Lances method and I just thought that maybe the turbo was over spinning from not having a load on it. I just had the turbo rebuild so that would suck if there is a problem because I'm taped out on funds for these.

It is running really rich. I don't have any o2 sensors though

Any help would be great and I'll get the pics posted.

Last edited by LCSC; 10-15-08 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-14-08, 12:48 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem with the PS pump and it turned out to be leaky lines, so make sure you check that. Congrats on getting it done so fast though!
Old 10-15-08, 01:07 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Just got done for the day again. Changed the oil and fixed the problem with the PS (anyone doing this when you remove the PS tank two of the bolts need to be re-installed to hold the back of the pump on)

I can't figure out what is the problem with the A/R mixture (I hooked up the O2 sensor) When I start the car it is fine right at 14-15 but then after about 10 seconds the A/R starts to drop and doesn't til the gauge says 10-1 (as low as it reads) but I think it goes a lot lower than that because it smokes really bad and if I lean it out with the safc all the way -50 it runs better with no smoke and the wideband reads 10.6. One thing that I don't think matters but since I'm lost I will mention is that the small can thing on the drivers side under the rear of the intake manifold is missing it was not there when I got the engine and the small blue connector is just hanging there. If someone could help me with this that would be great because I'm stumped
Old 10-15-08, 08:58 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Pics finally added
Old 10-16-08, 07:09 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

OK, I fixed the the problem with my engine flooding it turns out it was the map sensor I should get the IC pipes done tonight and it looks like I will be participating in the Time Attack after all
Old 10-17-08, 07:25 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice lift, I need to upgrade my cherry picker lift to one of those.

Quick Reply: Finally doing "it" this weekend!!!