Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Want better low end performance, try this! It's free!

Old 07-21-09, 08:49 PM
AyDee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disconnected wire 13 in the ECU and I made sure it has a blue wire next to it - however it is not red/black, it is more pink/black

what i noticed:

1st gear: no difference taking off from 0
1st to 2nd gear: I def. felt a push

At least now I know how to get to the ECU - yeah baby
Old 07-21-09, 10:06 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

dude, recheck that you cut the correct wire. Cuz the biggest difference you're going to feel is from a launch and when the tranny downshifts.
Old 07-21-09, 11:03 PM
shajbot
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, it's slight pink, if you compare it to the other hard red in other wires. Might want to reset the computer see if it picks up the new change.
Old 07-21-09, 11:36 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

The difference should be instant. You don't need to reset the ecu if you cut the right wire.

Here in post 112, i posted the diagram of pin 13 when your looking TOWARDS the ecu while connected. Don't get confused make sure you didn't cut wire 3, 63, or 78. When I cut mine, it was a deep red and not pinkish. Check again.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4448576-post112.html

Hope I could help.
Old 07-21-09, 11:43 PM
shajbot
Advanced

No I cut the right wire. Slight pink with black stripe. It did make a difference right after. No worries. I used your diagram too and tips from KC.

92 SC400
Old 07-22-09, 02:30 AM
AyDee
Driver

SC-Driver it is the right wire, I used your diagram and compared to the one in post 58 or 53

there is smthg wrong with my car and I can't seem to know what!! I have the 4th solenoid mod, BFI, Straight pipe, Lextreme TC and I did not notice any changes doing any of them - Maybe I am expecting too much from these things?

I have code 71 (EGR) could that be the problem? !@#!@$DF!!!!!
Old 07-22-09, 02:38 AM
shajbot
Advanced

Well you have Lextreme TC so that may take over the effect you should have. And a straight pipe doesn't help the torque, only adds hp. I'm not sure.

To fix the 71 code, try throwing on a 10K resistor in the plug where it plugs into the EGR temp sensor at driver side of the intake plenum.
Old 07-22-09, 12:15 PM
AyDee
Driver

Yeah I will do the 10 Ohm resistor trick - I'll get back to my stock wheels, they are lighter, I'll see what this will give me

thanks for the feedback
Old 09-02-09, 08:30 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

i dont know how you guys pulled the plug to the sensor, i tried for 30 mins to get that bastard off. the tranny dipstick shaft gets right in the way and i cannot get my hands or pliers well enough on the thing to pull it off. only successful in mutilating the plug. ill have to just clip the wire by the ecu.

Last edited by b1ackhawk; 09-02-09 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 01:22 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

ok, clipped wire. There is some difference, its hard for me to say cause i drive a manual trans daily. Ill have to drive it around some more. for the first few minutes it did shift at 5k rpm, but after awhile it reverted back to normal redline shifts.
Old 09-10-09, 08:22 AM
MuGGzyx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checking in, about 90 days since sniping the wire. No noticeable down side to the mod, trany still running like a champ. Still downshifts hard and feels like someone is kicking the underside of the car but no bad motor mounts so I guess that part is normal.
Old 12-24-09, 12:38 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Default I love what this mod does but..,

what if my auto tranny's an A650E? Would the wiring colors be the same? My car's a 98 sc400 vvti. The car already peels out when I floor the throttle from dead stop, but I wouldn't mind having it peel out some more though, Lol.. This is what I have planned: I will rewire the ecu wire onto the PWR button. As for the trans light or OD if it starts to flash (does it even flash on the 98 vvti's?), I will remove the bulb. Now for the Cel, I will try and wire it to another location. In other words, I will remove the cel bulb and possibly wire a switch at another location inside my car. Every now and then I will hit the switch just to see if I have a cel on. I think it's perfectly fine for the auto tranny but Lexus would never leave it this way if it were brand new from the sales lot.

Also, would it be the same wire on my ecu?

Last edited by scfou; 12-24-09 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-24-09, 06:26 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scfou
what if my auto tranny's an A650E? Would the wiring colors be the same? My car's a 98 sc400 vvti. The car already peels out when I floor the throttle from dead stop, but I wouldn't mind having it peel out some more though, Lol.. This is what I have planned: I will rewire the ecu wire onto the PWR button. As for the trans light or OD if it starts to flash (does it even flash on the 98 vvti's?), I will remove the bulb. Now for the Cel, I will try and wire it to another location. In other words, I will remove the cel bulb and possibly wire a switch at another location inside my car. Every now and then I will hit the switch just to see if I have a cel on. I think it's perfectly fine for the auto tranny but Lexus would never leave it this way if it were brand new from the sales lot.

Also, would it be the same wire on my ecu?
The a650e is a different animal altogether. Don't think yours has a back pressure control solenoid. If I'm not mistaken, your transmission has a line pressure control solenoid vs the a340's pressure is controled by a cable. The backpressure solenoid on the a340 "modifies" line pressure but does not directly control it.

Don't think you should mess with it, IMO. And btw, on your obd2 car, disconnecting any of the solenoids would throw a CEL.

KC
Old 12-24-09, 07:01 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Damn it! Well I guess the way the car peels out now is like how sc400 non-vvti's are peeling out after this mod. Fine I'll leave it alone then. You know I could imagine how much safer this mod would be if you're running nitrous.
Old 12-25-09, 02:03 PM
bjf
Driver School Candidate

I haven't read through this whole thread because it is long as crap and I have an sc300 but I was thinking, why couldn't you wire up a micro switch to the throttle body so when you go full throttle the switch will power a relay and open that wire circut to do what you want and when you let off wot for light driving the circut is good again. Will work the same as a toggle switch, just automatic. And instead of people cutting the wire why not just unpin it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want better low end performance, try this! It's free!