Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My JDM 2JZ-GTE Supra Engine Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-08, 07:57 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Is your cold side of the I/C piping going to clear the fan setup you're going to use?
I am gonna be shortening the piping a little bit more for slim fans but it looks like it should.
Old 10-05-08, 07:58 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CarbonCrew
I've been lurking on these boards for a while now, but every time I see you post I get excited to see your progress. Keep up the good work. It looks like things are shaping up quite nice.

I'm loving all of the pictures!
Thanks alot! I have some phone ones but i am not sure of the quality but those are of dropping the setup in, and relocation of some things for the fmic.
Old 10-05-08, 08:00 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
what exactly is dr tweak doing , is he modding your ge harness to plug into the aristo ecu and make it a real plug and play affair please explain
I sent him my original GE harness, and the aristo harness, along with the ecu, igniter and my gauge cluster since he will be doing the speed adapter. He will be mating the harnesses together so it works with the aristo ecu and plug and play with the sc300. Along with repairing the harness i have received since it was cut.
Old 10-05-08, 08:18 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CThompsen
I sent him my original GE harness, and the aristo harness, along with the ecu, igniter and my gauge cluster since he will be doing the speed adapter. He will be mating the harnesses together so it works with the aristo ecu and plug and play with the sc300. Along with repairing the harness i have received since it was cut.
So basically you sent him all your wiring (GTE harness/GE harness GTE ECU and SC cluster) and hes going to make all work like factory ? Sounds great so he basically takes away the headache of the swap can u PM his contact info ?
Old 10-05-08, 08:21 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

My to do list:
I have bought one is the past but the shipment became mixed up but
... Find and Buy: TT throttlecable
Find and Buy: Cruise Cable
Finalize IC piping, cuts, mounts, welds, BOV Mount
Finalize IC Mounting
Install Oil Return Hose from TT's Had to make my own
Mount Power steering reservoir
Run + and Ground Lines for gauges and electronics into glovebox
Run Vacuum line for boost gauge into glove box.
Install Driveshaft
Get someone to bend/weld exhaust piping that i already have.
more to be added when they are brought up.
Old 10-05-08, 08:43 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

CarbonCrew this one is for you.
Cell Phone Pix's

Here is my side of the garage Otherside is my bros

Engine in with Front bumper on

Gotta love custom jobs

Clearing up for the fmic

Moved horn #2 and im guessing it's a exterior temp sensor

also removed the 2 front tow hooks and plastics around frame for 3" IC Piping to go threw.
Putting the new Setup in, by myself "gag"
Old 10-05-08, 08:45 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

mine as well sneak these in my cousins upcoming build. He is the one who got me into cars, especially 2jz's.

and underpressuremotorsports.com is not up but i do still own the URL so hopefully one of these days. Haha and 2jzTuners.com but thats not going anywhere, just staying parked.
Old 10-05-08, 09:47 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Modified Mount to fit Turbo Oil Return Line.

What Dr. Tweak Recieved

Aristo Garbage!

How i swaped the oil pans, mounts...

Modified Oil Pan
Old 10-05-08, 10:13 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dr tweak is phoenix tuning... so yea... but why did u send him ignitor and ecu? he just needs the two harnesses and cluster
Old 10-05-08, 11:32 PM
bomexlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey CThompsen! I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as you right now. I just drilled the oil return line for my N/A pan..and used 6mm - 1 tap for the screws. Don't forget to get the little o-ring that goes between the block and the upper oil pan! I almost missed mine.

How did you hook up the heater hoses to the cabin? My motor did not have hoses either on the back of the head or on the turbo side . Next time you're out taking pictures could you take a picture of how your heater hoses are hooked up, please? This is like the only thing holding me back ugh.

I still need to drill and place the banjo in the intake manifold for the brake booster.. Any idea what size drill you're going to use? I was planning to use my sc's banjo fitting if I could.

Hope everything goes right for you!!
Old 10-06-08, 03:59 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

thnx for the reply still a question though

so he will make it that your ge harness will plug into the aristo ecu and you still retain ge's body plugs to control everything else in cabin like dash and ac etc

but why did you have to send him your speedo and the ecu sent was it the aristo ecu

can you explain just alittle further and give me a rough idea what he charges for thisand if the end result is truly and plug and play affair
Old 10-06-08, 07:56 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300fives
dr tweak is phoenix tuning... so yea... but why did u send him ignitor and ecu? he just needs the two harnesses and cluster
Yeah but a wire was pulled out of one of the ecu, and my harness was cut in 2 spots so for quick reference i sent him everything.
Old 10-06-08, 08:12 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bomexlex
Hey CThompsen! I'm in pretty much the exact same boat as you right now. I just drilled the oil return line for my N/A pan..and used 6mm - 1 tap for the screws. Don't forget to get the little o-ring that goes between the block and the upper oil pan! I almost missed mine.

How did you hook up the heater hoses to the cabin? My motor did not have hoses either on the back of the head or on the turbo side . Next time you're out taking pictures could you take a picture of how your heater hoses are hooked up, please? This is like the only thing holding me back ugh.

I still need to drill and place the banjo in the intake manifold for the brake booster.. Any idea what size drill you're going to use? I was planning to use my sc's banjo fitting if I could.

Hope everything goes right for you!!
uhh what o-ring are you talking about? haha

as for heater hoses, i have the ge ones on the gte and the gte has the stock turbo hoses ill take a picture for you.

Insted of drill i will probably just be tapping into another line for the brake booster. I have to yet look into this, tomorrow is gonna be a big day for finalizing for me i have off of work. I should have more answers then.
Old 10-06-08, 08:17 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah but a wire was pulled out of one of the ecu, and my harness was cut in 2 spots so for quick reference i sent him everything.
oh good info man. ill be doing my swap very soon im gonna get everything ready 99.9 percent then ill swap it in one day.. look out for my project thread also. good luck on your. make videos as soon as your done!
Old 10-06-08, 08:39 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thnx for the reply still a question though

so he will make it that your ge harness will plug into the aristo ecu and you still retain ge's body plugs to control everything else in cabin like dash and ac etc

but why did you have to send him your speedo and the ecu sent was it the aristo ecu

can you explain just alittle further and give me a rough idea what he charges for thisand if the end result is truly and plug and play affair
Yes, plug and play everything! It's a no worry guarantee that everything will work just like stock. I sent him the speedo since the aristos speed sensor is 10mph off. He installs dakota tach adapters into them.

Charges.
40 for shipping,
150 if your harness is cut or needs repair,
75 for the tach adapter install
450 for the harnesses

715 total, then if you want priority it's another 100-150 priority is where it gets done before other projects.

Quick Reply: My JDM 2JZ-GTE Supra Engine Conversion