Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte with R154 auto to manual swap question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-08, 10:12 AM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte with R154 auto to manual swap question

Hello,

Does anyone know how to bypass the neutral safety switch? I know this has been asked before, and addressed on some applications. I've seen explanations mainly on auto to manual conversions retaining the automatic wiring harness. On that, the plug for the neutral safety switch is near the transmission which is easily found. On persons doing a manual to manual swap (e.g. w58 to r154) The plug is located on the switch near the clutch pedal.

But I am doing an auto to manual swap with a manual transmission harness. Hence.. there is no safety switch on the harness itself, nor is there one (unless someone can find it because I have looked) near the driverside foot well.

Any Ideas on how to bypass the safety "switch"? I've thought of the idea of grounding it on the ecu sid, but how do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-08, 03:24 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

anyone? Need this answered cause I am stumped.
Old 08-18-08, 09:23 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

What do you mean by a manual tranny harness? Is it a manual ECU?
Old 08-21-08, 05:55 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Yes manual ecu. Also.. I looked at where the safety switch wire wold be on the ecu.. It is non existant. So.. I'm stumped.
Old 08-21-08, 06:12 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

if its a manual engine harness and you still have a auto dash harness then that plug will not be there. one way is to hotwire it and make a push button start. there are some threads on that. but otherwise i think you would need to replace the inside dash harness that has that plug that goes to the clutch pedal for the clutch start switch
Old 08-21-08, 07:24 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from my dsm past i was told to ground the wire to the body.
Old 08-21-08, 08:06 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Ok, so Lexus FTW has told me to run a wire from EB1-3 to the black with white stripe wire of 76(NSW) running to the ecu. At first I tried to do this, but I found out that the #76(NSW) wire did not exist on my ecu plug!!!..... It existed in lexus ftw's plug.. It exists in all the pinout diagrams that I have of both the jdm and usdm ecus..

Basically. IT SHOULD BE THERE. Instead, there was a little yellow plug signifying that the pin was not used. So I grabbed a pin out of my GE harness, installed it where the #76 (NSW) should be, connected this wire to EB1-3 and STILL... No click of the starter.. No nothing.

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I need help from a wiring guru asap.
BTW for reference I have a mines chipped ecu. From a 93 JDM 6sp supra.

Definately need all the help I could get.
Old 08-22-08, 07:13 AM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

there is a wire under your steering colum that comes from your ignition switch meter to figure out which one sends power when you turn the key for start. then attach wire there and run through fire wall to your starter relay directly and your car will function normally. there is a thread on here about this however it addresses the prob when you have a manual with an auto ecu, i think this fix would give you the same bypass even though this is a diff issue. cant hurt trying.
Old 08-25-08, 05:15 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Ok, So while I was really frustrated at first that the car would not crank, I forgot to take note that other things did not work.

First the fuel pump isn't priming.

Also, can anyone tell me which pin on the ecu is supposed to give it power so I can check and see if it is getting power?

I am debating on where to start if the ecu is not getting power like it should.