Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo GTE swap guys...specific wiring question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 02:35 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aristo GTE swap guys...specific wiring question(s)

Aristo GTE going into a 92 SC300

I've got phil auldridge's manual, but the conversion between supra/sc300/aristo has me a little bit confused. I'm going to use the Aristo harness, but where does the third ecu plug come from. I only have the large E9 plug and the body plug coming from the Aristo harness itself. I haven't yanked my SC300 harness out, but the SC300 ECU obviously has a plug going into the smaller E-10 ECU slot. Is the SC300 physical plastic plug utilized with wiring mods from the Aristo body plug wires? If so, I guess that answers my question. If not, am I missing a plug from the Aristo harness. The harness definately doesn't show any evidence of that.

Thanks
Jason
Old 07-22-08, 03:13 PM
rsos1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The e10 plug on the supra/sc300 harness isnt on the engine harness of the aristo. There is another big grey plug on the aristo harness that plugs into the inside of the aristo and then these wires go to the body harness of the aristo and to the E10 plug on the ecu. So to answer your question there you arent missing the E10 plug on the aristo engine harness. In order to get it to work you will have to die-sect the big grey aristo plug and wire it up to your E10 plug on the sc300.
Old 07-22-08, 03:41 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Got it. I'm taking my time extending the harness and merging it. It makes sense now. Big thanks.
Old 07-23-08, 06:38 PM
rsos1
Rookie

please let me know how your wiring goes and possibly write down what you do. I did a lot a research and think i figured it all out but haven't had the time to actually do it yet. let me know if you have any other questions I have a lot of stuff wrote down.
Old 07-23-08, 07:18 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

The biggest issue I have is just my brain right now. I have to organize all the diagrams I have into one's that are looking at the back of the ECU and one's that are looking at the connectors. Do you have a good source for 18AWG wiring. I've found a couple of places online but they seem shady. I know it's just generic wiring, but I don't want to get crap.

Obviously the big E9 plugs are no issue, so just extend those wires. There are engine side connectors that need to be removed or changed like oil level, hyd water pump crap. The body plugs and E10 all makes sense, but I just get turned around looking at the diagrams and looking at the stuff in the car. I got a guy to sell me a complete SC300 wiring harness and upper/lower oil pan/baffle/pick-up off a 92 SC300 for 250.00. Having the spare harness will help a bunch. It's my daily driver, so my options are limited(as in none) as to what I can do with the harness currently on the car. I'll give you any info I got on the Aristo wiring. Only SC stuff I have is from the pdf shop manual. I actually don't have the Shop Manual (i know, i know) I should have gotten that first but it's just not a big issue...yet.
Old 07-24-08, 03:23 PM
rsos1
Rookie

Yeah I have been trying to find a spare harness myself as my sc is my daily driver also. Just a note for you when I was looking at this some of the wires on the big aristo plug will go to the ecu and also to the body plugs on your sc.