Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELLLP!!! my sc400 is over heating!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 09:28 PM
drft_n_VIP
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLLP!!! my sc400 is over heating!!!

ok if this is in the wrong section, please move it thanx!!! anyways i got an sc400 about 3 weeks ago... i was driving a week after i got and all of a sudden the temp. just shot up and the car shut down on me! i pulled into a gas station... i was doin about 75 when i noticed it shoot up!!! i opened the hood and smoke was coming out from under the engine and the oil filler cap... the radiator was fine, my oil level is the same, theres no coolant in the oil, so i dont think i damaged the head, it idles fine, but there is a small squeaking and hissing noise coming from the pullys'! do you guys think its the water pump? im new into lexus... i just switched over from a 240... so if anyone could help that would be great!!! thanx for the help in advance guys
Old 07-26-08, 09:40 PM
wutan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drft_n_VIP
ok if this is in the wrong section, please move it thanx!!! anyways i got an sc400 about 3 weeks ago... i was driving a week after i got and all of a sudden the temp. just shot up and the car shut down on me! i pulled into a gas station... i was doin about 75 when i noticed it shoot up!!! i opened the hood and smoke was coming out from under the engine and the oil filler cap... the radiator was fine, my oil level is the same, theres no coolant in the oil, so i dont think i damaged the head, it idles fine, but there is a small squeaking and hissing noise coming from the pullys'! do you guys think its the water pump? im new into lexus... i just switched over from a 240... so if anyone could help that would be great!!! thanx for the help in advance guys
check if you have pressure on the radiator hose. maybe is the thermostat.
Old 07-27-08, 02:39 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a water pump to me, squealing by the pulleys...