Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

95 SC300 Automatic: Engine miss, a little help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 09:59 AM
carliejoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 SC300 Automatic: Engine miss, a little help please.

The car rolled into a small lake accidentally and was immediately pulled out. The water didn't get up to the center console but did soak the seat electrics and such. It hasn't been driven very much or very far since it attempted to become a submarine. Everything that got wet was replaced, electrics, etc. Everything works, but now this annoyance has started.

Okay, here are the symptoms.

The car starts well, no miss, no problems at all through out the revs even when driving. After warming up enough to drop the RPM to normal, it'll idle fine, but taking it to anything over 2500 RPMs it starts missing especially under a load. Easing off the throttle it will line out and be okay as long as you baby it. I feels like it's trying to adjust the timing, like there's something that's supposed to be happening but isn't.

After running for a little longer the miss gets worse and starts at a lower RPM point then at full operating temp, it starts missing at idle.

The problem seems directly linked to the temperature of the engine. I've ordered an OBX header and pipe to eliminate the cats as a problem. I'm sure the exhaust got quite a bit of water in it, but I don't think it got high enough to screw the 02 sensors.

Any clues? I've become pretty good on diagnosing this thing, but I'm a old Volvo person and even with three different manuals and the Official Lexus Electrical manual, I can't figure this one out.
Old 05-01-09, 12:59 PM
Molove
Driver School Candidate

Mine does the same exact thing.I thought it was the ignition coil but no luck there.post if you find a solution.
Old 05-01-09, 01:02 PM
Molove
Driver School Candidate

Oh I got a 92 sc3 with no codes but the vss code would come on once in a while.but that's it.full tune up and no clue.gas pump ecu?