Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-TTranny questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-08, 07:56 PM
mhlamin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA-TTranny questions

I've been searching for some time now and either I suck or the information I need is not there. Now I'm sure its there and I am continuing my search after I make this thread, however, if someone is nice enough to provide me the information, you will be rewarded.

Here is my background info and question(s)

I plan on going NA-T in a 1992 SC300 auto. I figured with the stock auto trannies limits, my tranny would be fubar after a week of being boosted, which is not what I want . I am going to end up with at least 400rwhp daily, not sure on how much the car will push on race gas, high boost and what not, I'm going to go ahead and say less then 700whp, but who knows!

I am on a budget with this project but I figured I'd go ahead and reinforce my drivetrain before working on the turbo kit.

So my questions are:
The W58 would be cheaper, but would it withstand seeing 700whp maybe once or twice a month?

What all parts would be required for the swap?
-from my research, I figured:
Tranny
Clutch
Flywheel and Bolt
Master+Slave Cylinder
Clutch Pedal Assembly
Manual non-vvti ECU
Manual Driveshaft
Lines

Anything else I would need?

For a r154, what exactly would I need? I'm leaning towards this but most info I came across was for w58 to r154 and I am doing auto to R154.

Here is what I have come up with:
Tranny (soarer preferred)
Mk3 supra driveshaft (front)
Clutch
Flywheel and Bolt
Master+Slave Cylinder
Clutch Pedal Assembly
Manual non-vvti ECU
Lines (which lines?)

I am basically looking for an exact parts list for an auto sc300 to R154 tranny swap.

ON THE OTHERHAND

I have thought about building my automatic, where the hell do I begin with that?
Old 06-01-08, 08:13 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

an auto ecu will work with the manual setup as that is what i have. (+) you will also need to modify or swap your tranny tunnel. (+) for your clutch lines you can buy a ss line from driftmotion to go down by the tranny from the master cylinder, then you need the small clutch line for the tranny (this line is different depending on what tranny w58, r154). make sure you get all the small hardware and boots as necessary, to include clutch fork and pilot bearing throw-out bearing and washers and so forth.. personally you should check out driftmotion.com they have most of the hardware you will need. goodluck.
Old 06-02-08, 02:19 PM
mhlamin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, bump. I'm really looking into doing a TH400.