Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 01:42 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!

HELLO,

i just bought a sc300, and i would like to turbo the car. It has only 80k on it, but it hard to find performance parts for the GE motor. I rather get a GTE motor and swap that in. Is there ANYONE THAT CAN INSTALL THIS LONGBLOCK FOR ME.I say longblock because my car is already a manual tranmission. Please let me know I need someone that can do this themselves that way i can hear what i am going to need and what to expect from a first hand experience. Thank you. Located in Woodbridge,VA i will drive to you,thanx

*I would really like someone that has performed this swap already to install this motor in my vehicle. I am willing to drive the car and the parts to you as well. I have went as far as NY so let me know where you are located and dropp me a price and we can talk from there.

i can be reached at 571-991-6377

Last edited by FUZION; 04-22-08 at 05:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-08, 03:07 PM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZION
HELLO,

i just bought a sc300, and i would like to turbo the car. It has only 80k on it, but it hard to find performance parts for the GE motor. I rather get a GTE motor and swap that in. Is there ANYONE THAT CAN INSTALL THIS LONGBLOCK FOR ME.I say longblock because my car is already a manual tranmission. Please let me know I need someone that can do this themselves that way i can hear what i am going to need and what to expect from a first hand experience. Thank you. Located in Woodbridge,VA i will drive to you,thanx

i can be reached at 571-991-6377
How do you figure it's hard to find performance parts for the GE? People have been turboing them for years...
Old 04-21-08, 03:39 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i dot think theres a subject that has been covered more

search and you shall find more info than u ever needed....or wanted
Old 04-21-08, 06:21 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Emerald
i dot think theres a subject that has been covered more

search and you shall find more info than u ever needed....or wanted
+1.

But i'll help you out a bit. You can also try http://clubna-t.com/. They have kits also...

But really just SEARCH for about 10 minutes and 50% of your questions will be answered......

GOOD LUCK
Old 04-21-08, 08:40 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Its kinda funny. Its so easy to spot people that didn't bother searching these days...
Old 04-22-08, 05:09 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
Its kinda funny. Its so easy to spot people that didn't bother searching these days...
Sorry for the misleading question.

what i ment by performance parts was the "extra" bolt-ons. the GTE motor has alot more stuff on the shelf for it versus the GE motor having a limited supply on alot of the products. Cams has to be custom at least the dizzy side does, The GTE just has a larger market of products such as the intake manifold are made by good quality manufactors, i just think in the long run the GTE will be a better choice for 600+whp, because it has the supporting mods on the shelf and not nothing custom fabbed. you guys see what im saying, sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-22-08, 05:17 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

You need to do some research before you go spending money. What are your power goals? Can your trans handle it? What's your budget? Is this a street car/track car/daily/weekend toy? Josh@FSM can put a nice NA-T setup together for you and he's in DE and he also does TT swaps. You should talk to him about what you really want to do.
Old 04-22-08, 05:18 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

The GTE just has a larger market of products such as the intake manifold are made by good quality manufactors, i just think in the long run the GTE will be a better choice for 600+whp, because it has the supporting mods on the shelf and not nothing custom fabbed. you guys see what im saying, sorry for the confusion.
Okay...This alone tells me you have read nothing on here.

Search and read for a week then come back and post. People are not just going to hand you the info you need. Cause...There is just too much.

Do you know what the difference is between a GE and GTE?

Read boy...Read!!!
Old 04-22-08, 05:47 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

i have been reading for the last year. Yes i know the diff in the motors, i have been talking to a couple shops to get info to see which direction i wana go with this car. I want to do the GTE swap into my car, i talked to Martin at VIP yesterday and waiting on his email response.

Car:
The car is just a Toy that i would like to be "ABLE" to daily drive if i wanted. The trans will remain the w58 until i get all the bugs worked out and the car is running fine and factory-like. Then ill either upgrade to a r154 or the v160 ( if i wait till next tax season). Then ill worry about more power once the car is in good shape engine/drivetrain wise. The problem is i get mixed reveiws on everything so i figure di would make my own thread to ask the specific question i wanted. I have 5k to launch this project. I would like to see a company that has as many GE products that is has GTE products on the shelf. Im not talking the garage special guys either, thats all im saying
Old 04-22-08, 06:04 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Looking To Hire Someone To Do The Job..lol Thats All, Thanx.
Old 04-22-08, 06:09 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Looking To Hire Someone To Do The Job..lol Thats All, Thanx.
I would talk to Josh@FSM about NA-T. I know Martin and the VIP Crew my SC is there right now lol but they have limited knowledge on na-t as far as I know all they have done is NA->TT they are finishing up a buddy's SC and starting mine soon, they have done at least 1jz SC swap that I know of but NA-T not yet. Not saying they can't but for NA-T Josh@FSM is the man there's also another guy in the Annapolis area that can do it look up evilmechanic and send him a PM.
Old 04-22-08, 08:53 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry for the misleading question.

what i ment by performance parts was the "extra" bolt-ons. the GTE motor has alot more stuff on the shelf for it versus the GE motor having a limited supply on alot of the products. Cams has to be custom at least the dizzy side does, The GTE just has a larger market of products such as the intake manifold are made by good quality manufactors, i just think in the long run the GTE will be a better choice for 600+whp, because it has the supporting mods on the shelf and not nothing custom fabbed. you guys see what im saying, sorry for the confusion.
I agree with other posters, Josh @ FSM does fabulous work and knows his stuff about the GE.

Also, what you said, makes no sense. The GTE aftermarket parts are custom fabbed too. Its pretty easy for someone to make a GE intake manifold if they've made a GTE manifold.

Also, cams don't have to be custom; there are a lot more options that you aren't aware of.

Do your research and/or talk to Josh.
Old 04-22-08, 12:51 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Thank You Fellas. Cherplex, Ur Sherwin Right. Think I Talked To You On Supraforums Or Club Na-t Or Sumthing.
Old 04-23-08, 04:17 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Thank You Fellas. Cherplex, Ur Sherwin Right. Think I Talked To You On Supraforums Or Club Na-t Or Sumthing.
Yea that's me
Old 04-23-08, 04:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

if your power goals are in the 5's or under just boost the ge motor

i am na-t and put down almost 500rwhp on a map ecu piggyback..

5k will not get u to second base swapping i a gte motor..

aftermarket support for ge or gte is there

after doing much research i have come to find out that the ge setup with its more aggressive stock cams and the runners on the intake are actually more effient in delivering the power compared to the ge

5k will get you to 3rd base on boosting the ge motor but if you are patient and piece together your own kit u can make it home

i bought my boostlogic stage 2.5 kit with dual ballbearing t67 complete with aem wideband for 3800 used for only 3k miles .. when all was said and done i think my parts totalled around 6k ... i will be doing a side intake like fsm's one and q45 throttle body shortly and then tune on a haltech or ems for precise tuning then i will see high 500's easily on pump

Quick Reply: SC300 Na --> TT Swap, INSTALL ANYONE!!!!!!