Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A/C electrical problem doesnt work. NEED HELP!

Old 04-15-08, 06:32 PM
tranii2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C electrical problem doesnt work. NEED HELP!

sc300 1995 1jzgte
please help me with a solution to my problem.

A/c system is working BUT... there is a short somewhere.. when tested one of the relays (located in the middle column, second piece from the top, black square relay) one of the (small white wire)plug is not recieving power/ground.(tested via light probe) When jumping this wire to one of the other working plugs, the compressor kicks in.

The mechanic did the test, he also tested the high pressure switch and the light probe tester didnt light.

he said i either have a short in the wiring/ wire disconnected OR the climate control unit is not working properly.

i know which plug/wire is not geting power/ground from the test.. so should i trace this wire and see where it is DISconnected?.. i would like to fix this problem myself as he said it would take a few days to take out the wire loom..or whatever it is called and charge a bunch on labor.
i believe he is correct, he says 50% its the Climate control unit and 50% short in the wires.

from my understanding i should trace this wire and see where its disconnected? but before that i should start with the CC unit? i dont think there is a problem with the cc unit, it works. it just bleeding halfway.

what should i expect when tracing this white wire from the relay/fuse box?
what exactly am i suppose to do...trace this wire until i see its disconnected?
and what about the high pressure switch? there's no power in that either so where does the wires of the high pressure switch go to, does it go towards the relay/fuse box or towards the cc unit?

so from the test, the white wire is not working and the wires of the high pressure plug are not working either.

as of right now, i'd have to rack up some money for a CC unit. because finding the wire might be extensive..having to dissect the wire loom.

Sorry for asking so many questions..some one who knows about electrical problems can give me some pointers/ advice to fix this problem.

thanks in advance..summer is coming and i dont want to burn.
Old 04-15-08, 06:39 PM
tranii2
Rookie

ONe more question..Why is my ground wire connected to the battery all shriveled up..looks like the plastic protector outside the wire has melted it.
it never was like this..before im just geussing the extra electric load causes this.
Old 04-16-08, 02:09 PM
t42gs3
Driver School Candidate

What's the pressure reading?
Old 04-16-08, 03:28 PM
tranii2
Rookie

pressure reading of the system? i believe its normal if i can recall corectly..its 90 or something,mayb, but it should be normal. the a/c system is not the problem itself..
mechanic pumped the freon in..the ac system is in working order it the compressor is working also its just not kicking in due to the electrical problem...

..the mechanic vaccumed the freon out and pumped it back up..no leaks or anything..
the culprit is the power/ground test he did.(THE TEST WAS JUST A LIGHT PROBE ..i geuss just to see if the wires has continuity.) from the relay fuse box. or the climate control unit..
I'm not much of an el