Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just ordered my R154 1J!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-08, 02:52 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just ordered my R154 1J!!

I just placed my order on a soarer r154 mated to a 1J from JHOT. According to JHOT, the motor should be here later this month.

I already got my wheels, supra seats, and LS400 brakes. Now its time for some motor mods!!

Ill post up some pics later when I get home.
Old 04-04-08, 03:02 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, did you get a good price on that? A soarer combo is pretty rare, I usually see autos or just motors, especially from JHOT.

Be sure to post lots of pictures of the progress.
Old 04-04-08, 03:04 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cool deal man, i just purchased mine from jhot on tuesday, they told me they had a 5spd soarer swap in, i was like damn!! but i just needed the auto, i live about a hr away from them so i'm going to pick it up tuesday morning, can't wait either i've got new wheels, coilovers, seats, and swap to put in! ... yay

i'll be sure to check out your 5spd swap for you if i see it when i'm up there, and take off any parts i might need, lol j/k man!

gl with swap, wish i was doing a 5spd!
Old 04-04-08, 03:10 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

are you guys going online for this or are you calling? I searched on their site and no luck...
Old 04-04-08, 03:24 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn

I just talked to JHOT. They told me that a Soarer 1JZGTE w/ R154 did/is arriving but it already accounted for! I would assume it's you?

Damn, I'm tempted to pre-order the next one.
Old 04-04-08, 04:04 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aka paco
cool deal man, i just purchased mine from jhot on tuesday, they told me they had a 5spd soarer swap in, i was like damn!! but i just needed the auto, i live about a hr away from them so i'm going to pick it up tuesday morning, can't wait either i've got new wheels, coilovers, seats, and swap to put in! ... yay

i'll be sure to check out your 5spd swap for you if i see it when i'm up there, and take off any parts i might need, lol j/k man!

gl with swap, wish i was doing a 5spd!
Nice! Well im actually already a 5spd...just got big plants with the single so im goin r154....

The motor/trans is actually on its way as we speak. It should be arriving in about 3 weeks.

Make sure to take a bunch of pics and post as soon as you get a chance!

Originally Posted by shern
Damn

I just talked to JHOT. They told me that a Soarer 1JZGTE w/ R154 did/is arriving but it already accounted for! I would assume it's you?

Damn, I'm tempted to pre-order the next one.
Yes...that would be me!!
Old 04-04-08, 04:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Old 04-04-08, 04:37 PM
Zoonwen
Rookie

By the time you see stuff online it usually means the good stuff is gone already, lol. The good stuff goes before it reaches the online list or ebay

Good luck with the swap =D

Originally Posted by Luv2xl
are you guys going online for this or are you calling? I searched on their site and no luck...
Old 04-04-08, 06:00 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cool deal man can't wait to see your swap.

yeah guys if your looking to get a swap you definetly need to call places, the only people that seem to have nice online layouts are shady dealers like tiger.

jhot and jarco are about the only two i'd deal with on the eastcoast for sure, jhot is horrible about knowing what's coming on there containers, so i've been calling them once a week almost for about two months, but every swap i've seen from them is very complete so hopefully mine is too.
Old 04-04-08, 07:34 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

I dont know if this is allowed, but theres an R154 on craigslist in Portland for like $600 right now. I wont post the link cuz Im pretty sure thats a no no!
Old 04-04-08, 07:45 PM
Turbo?
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IonFeright
I dont know if this is allowed, but theres an R154 on craigslist in Portland for like $600 right now. I wont post the link cuz Im pretty sure thats a no no!
pm me the link then!
Old 04-04-08, 07:50 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IonFeright
yeah 99% sure its from a supra...

I didnt feel like modding the shifting assembly and what not. I think that if you do that, it wont be as crisp as stock, so i went for the soarer r154.
Old 04-04-08, 11:56 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wont be as crisp as stock? The modification involves early JZZ30-model Soarer parts to make the conversion. So how does OEM parts make it shift "less crisp"?
Old 04-05-08, 12:40 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Bean obviously he doesnt know about the parts you describe. His loss of cash, not ours!
Old 04-05-08, 02:28 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bean
Wont be as crisp as stock? The modification involves early JZZ30-model Soarer parts to make the conversion. So how does OEM parts make it shift "less crisp"?
I was referring to the cutting and lengthening of the shifter assembly.

Last i heard, people were still researching getting the goosenecked shifter.....

Even then, Id still take the original soarer tranny over a modded supra....but thats just personal preference....

Quick Reply: Just ordered my R154 1J!!