Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I think my cats are clogged!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-08, 05:55 PM
snidehocke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my cats are clogged!

I just got the car recently and decided to seafoam it...

well I have been able to hear the passenger cat clattering around down there for awhile now but just figured it to be an annoyance...plus the car seems to hesitate sometimes though.

Well I just seafoamed it and NO smoke...not even a little bit! I let it idle for like 5-10 minutes w/ no smoke!

I revved it up w/ the hood open (which I haven't done yet) and you hear the catalytic converter bangin around and you can hear the car has too much back pressure it doesn't quite back fire but it sounds like a mild version of a back fire all the way up the rpms when u hit it hard in park.
Old 02-07-08, 06:07 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snidehocke
I just got the car recently and decided to seafoam it...

well I have been able to hear the passenger cat clattering around down there for awhile now but just figured it to be an annoyance...plus the car seems to hesitate sometimes though.

Well I just seafoamed it and NO smoke...not even a little bit! I let it idle for like 5-10 minutes w/ no smoke!

I revved it up w/ the hood open (which I haven't done yet) and you hear the catalytic converter bangin around and you can hear the car has too much back pressure it doesn't quite back fire but it sounds like a mild version of a back fire all the way up the rpms when u hit it hard in park.
Do you have an SC300 or 400? Have you checked your codes yet?
Old 02-07-08, 06:42 PM
snidehocke
Driver

sc400 - only code I had before was 31 and it for a bad MAF that I have since replaced and that code has not come back.