Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-02, 09:05 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures

Here are some pictures of the Blitz Nur-Spec Mufflers on my SC400. The Blitz literature lists them as being be for the SC300 but they fit the SC400 perfectly. They are polished mirror stainless and quite heavy duty. Here ya go....
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures-blitznurspec-quarterview.jpg  
Old 01-27-02, 09:07 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Default Another view

Another View
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures-blitznurspec-rear-view.jpg  
Old 01-27-02, 09:08 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Default Getting Closer....

Getting Closer from the side... little dirty salt on them.. ugch...
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures-blitznurspec-side-view.jpg  
Old 01-27-02, 09:09 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Default Close Up of the logo...

Clsse up of the logo on the tips....
Attached Thumbnails Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures-blitznurspec-tipclose.jpg  
Old 01-27-02, 09:15 AM
SL730
Driver School Candidate

Great look!..you're right, they fit in quite whell. They're really big..
Old 01-27-02, 12:03 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna get set of those! How much did they cost ya? They look *nice*

SR
Old 01-27-02, 02:10 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Originally posted by CmputerWiz
I wanna get set of those! How much did they cost ya?SR
I got them from my local speed shop. He did have a heck of a time finding a distributor in the USA who had them in stock. But he kept at it and got them in from California after a 3 week wait. The total cost which included shipping from CA to CT (cross country) was $685. Not cheap at all but very well built. They sound nice too. They quite down at speed. I love em. Constantly getting questioned about them from folks.

www.cyberauto.com lists them in their SC parts area I think.
Old 01-27-02, 04:38 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

My roomate has hookups from BlitzUSA. They're headquartered not too far from where I am. He had the Nur Spec exhaust on his Accord and it was VERY loud. Even after putting on that silencer and putting in an extra resonator, it was loud. After a month or so, he got a fix-it ticket. Sucks.

So exactly how loud is this exhaust? If I get an exhaust, I want a relatively quiet one. But I also like the sound of aftermarket exhausts. I had a GReddy on my old Accord. It sounded good, but it got annoying after a while...
Old 01-27-02, 05:49 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

HowieDoit:
Don't worry. You will NOT get a fix-it ticket for running the Blitz Nur-Specs. At idle it sounds like a nice smooth gurgle and blurb. During acceleration they are more noticable but not loud at all. They are most loud at decelleration in the 40 to 30 MPH range where the downshift occurs from the higher gear to lower gear.

When cruising on the highway they are quiet inside the cabin. I have not removed any of the cats, center single forward muffler or the two rear resonators. I do suspect that if you took some of them off then the system would become louder.

The Nur-Specs are civil, no more or less noisy than the Borla system however a different look than the Borla.
Old 01-27-02, 06:26 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new pipes! They look great!
By how you describe your exhaust, they sound like mine. Looking at your pipes make me wish I would have had my pipes angled upward and pushed out more. Again, they look great.
Old 01-27-02, 07:00 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Red93sc400
HowieDoit:
Don't worry. You will NOT get a fix-it ticket for running the Blitz Nur-Specs. At idle it sounds like a nice smooth gurgle and blurb. During acceleration they are more noticable but not loud at all. They are most loud at decelleration in the 40 to 30 MPH range where the downshift occurs from the higher gear to lower gear.

When cruising on the highway they are quiet inside the cabin. I have not removed any of the cats, center single forward muffler or the two rear resonators. I do suspect that if you took some of them off then the system would become louder.

The Nur-Specs are civil, no more or less noisy than the Borla system however a different look than the Borla.
So the exhaust includes the entire piping? Is the piping stainless steel?

A few months back, my roomie told me that his blitz friend said that the SC300 exhaust was a prototype or something. And they only had a handful and sold them all. I don't know if that's completely true, but it supposedly came from a guy who works at Blitz.

Well, I guess I'll consider getting that exhaust. It looks real nice! I'm just not sure about the sound issue becuase I've heard my roomate's Blitz. He ended up driving with earplugs for a while.

Do you have those silencers on?
Old 01-28-02, 01:37 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Originally posted by howiedoit

So the exhaust includes the entire piping? Is the piping stainless steel?

Do you have those silencers on?
THe Blitz Nur-Spec is an axel back system with the pipes, hangers, bolts and washers needed to do the installation. You simply spray the OEM muffler bolts with some penetrating oil. You take them off and put on the new ones. The OEM mufflers have the a small section of pipe ahead of them welded on. The Blitz system (like many others) is a complete bolt on which includes the small seciton of pipe. It does NOT replace the two Y pipes, the cats, the central muffler nor the two rear resonators.

What I would like to find is a performance stainless system that replaces all the stuff up from from the cats back to and including the rear resonators. This would have to be a custom thing today as I have not found a system for sale.

I do not have the rear bolt on silencers, they are not needed IMHO. The system is not obnioxious.
Old 01-28-02, 02:36 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

You still have stock piping, cat and resonators in there. Remember, you will not gain much with just mufflers in this system but DO NOT pull out those resonators and pipes till you have a replacement resonator or a damn good muffler. My car is LOUD, and I'm going to call up Flowmaster (based here in norcal) for exhaust system flow/noise advice. I may also go up there and have them build a mandrel system for me.
Old 01-28-02, 05:19 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Hey Madmax:
that is good advice. Those tiny rear resonators do cut down that much on the noise eh? They look so small that you would never guess they do that much noise abatement.

The gent in the Austrailian Soarer Club has a keen website.
You know the one? THE BFI Intake site?

Well, he did us all a favor...

As he was tearing his exhaust system apart from the rear end forward, he taped the exhaust at each step.

So at his site you can hear the standard exhaust, then sans the rear mufflers, then another tape of san the rear mufflers and rear resonators, then another sans the middle muffler and so on...

His site is a gem for all of us in the SC400 and Soarer community. He is a real credit to our ranks.
Old 12-03-02, 07:46 PM
g_lex_6
Driver School Candidate

are the turbo apexi n1's and the blitz nur spec's about the same in sound and performance?

Quick Reply: Blitz Nur-Spec Muffler Pictures