ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   To much junk under the hood (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/320238-to-much-junk-under-the-hood.html)

over40driv 11-24-07 07:02 PM

To much junk under the hood

Im sure someone has ranted about this before but here it goes again. I realize that our SCs began life as a high-end lux-sport car, but now we want to make them sport- lux cars. I wish there was an easy DIY on removing the ABS brake system, Trac.- control, and cruise control. Our cars would be so much less cluttered under the hood, be more appealing to the eye, and easier to work on(mod).

1sxyrxy 11-24-07 07:06 PM

if you really want to removed the ABS you really can there are kits out there for any car. cruise control is easy to remove just pull the motor off and your done. i dont belive in rremoving everything. im going NA-t and am running a front facing intake manifold so i had to removed my CC, didnt have a point anymore

joewitafro 11-24-07 07:31 PM

i never use cruise control and plan on removing it, ABS is nice to have.. but once you upgrade to a big brake kit you have to disable it, so why not remove it then any ways. Trac. Control.. A must to keep if it works like the mk4's

over40driv 11-24-07 07:33 PM

I dont think that the SCs are dependent on trac. control, and I will never drive mine in the snow.

joewitafro 11-24-07 07:45 PM

Trac. control isnt just for the snow. Look at 1/4 mile times for BPU supras with trac. control and ones without, big difference.

whiteSc3 11-24-07 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by joewitafro (Post 3076915)
Trac. control isnt just for the snow. Look at 1/4 mile times for BPU supras with trac. control and ones without, big difference.

Ya the ones with TC are much slower... Im not sure where you got your info from but most Supra owners remove their traction butterfly..

over40driv 11-24-07 07:58 PM

Not to mention the removal of all that stuff would lighten the car,esp. the ABS. Anyone got a link to a place that sells ABS delete kits?

ScottURnot 11-25-07 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by joewitafro (Post 3076889)
i never use cruise control and plan on removing it, ABS is nice to have.. but once you upgrade to a big brake kit you have to disable it, so why not remove it then any ways. Trac. Control.. A must to keep if it works like the mk4's

Why do big brakes make you disable the ABS?:uh:

shlounek 11-25-07 03:09 PM

why would you want to take off all these features, half of them are safety related, there for your benefit.

If I am to remove the traction control, I would just go ahead and replace it with a more sophisticated system.

And I would agree with whitesc3, unless your using something new like the racelogic which is a very advanced trac system and totally customizable. And with the racelogic system you will need the ABS for it to function.

over40driv 11-25-07 05:02 PM

I would rather have a less complicated engine bay with more room to work on the engine, and do mods.

Rexn30 11-25-07 07:12 PM

I can see trashing CC inwhich I did but taking ABS off?? That pointless unless you like to slide when you hit the breaks..

fonzo 11-25-07 08:13 PM

to each his own! good luck with your project!

5sp_jzz30 11-26-07 09:39 AM

my abs pump has been bad since last november so i just pulled the abs solenoid and relay. drove the whole winter up to now with no abs with no problems. down-shifting helps too i guess. i dont like abs because if i to a drift event it really feels weird on the track. i dont have trac to begin with since it a 5sp so im done with that mod. :)

Gunnar 11-26-07 10:39 AM

The cruise control is incredibly simple to pull out - when I swapped my '98 Supra wheel I didn't have the 3-spoke cruise stalk for it so I just pulled the cruise out.

I have tons and tons of stuff removed from my engine bay. I have like 4 vacuum lines and a ton of room to get to things. If you'd like I'll PM you some of what I've done and pics.

twizted 11-27-07 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gunnar (Post 3079792)
The cruise control is incredibly simple to pull out - when I swapped my '98 Supra wheel I didn't have the 3-spoke cruise stalk for it so I just pulled the cruise out.

I have tons and tons of stuff removed from my engine bay. I have like 4 vacuum lines and a ton of room to get to things. If you'd like I'll PM you some of what I've done and pics.

Make a post or put those pics in an album with descriptions here. I want to see aswell and im sure you dont want to pm a million people :thumbup: