Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

my inputs on soarer tt automatic transmission.tranny swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-07, 07:11 PM
tranii2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my inputs on soarer tt automatic transmission.tranny swap

just couple weeks ago i bought a soarer automatic transmission the one that came with the 1jz from a fellow CL member. model 10-40LE

the reason i swapped it out was because my transmission was burnt coulnt reverse any more..

the swap was fine except the torque converter was damaged during shipping..so i was forced to use my oldtorque converter..

when im driving say..pulling hard from stop to 80 or so..it shifts at around the 3K rpm range and when it shifts, the needle doesnt move like how it was before where i could redline it to 6 or 7k and the rpm drops back to a lower gear (around 3k).

now when im gassing it, the rpm tends to shifts to a lower gear bt the 3K to 4k range. forinstance first shift at 3500rpm, needle jerks down to 3250 rpm,,next shift point is still around the 3k-4k range. so what im saying is the shifting doent jerk back no more than 1000 rpms no matter how hard im gasing it. so as im goin wot from 0 to 80 the needle tends to stay near the 3k-4k range.

i was thinking of this odd shifting was because ive used my old torque converter. or is this normal???
btw..with the 1jz, the car still pull hard but the gear shifting is different from before, somewhat smoother?

i also hear a whining in first gear goin from like 0 to 20mph..? is that the torque converter?

i would like for any members to give their inputs,
while im at it
whats everyone using for the tranny fluid? what toyota fluid type 4 or something ?

thanks alot!