Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Does Greddy Mx Exhaust work for SC400?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-02, 10:07 AM
siberhuskie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Greddy Mx Exhaust work for SC400?

I am interested in purchasing the Greddy MX Exhaust System. It is made for the SC300. Will it bolt on as easy on my SC400? If not, do you think the modification would be expensive? Any other suggestions for an exhuast system that will give me more torque? Thanks, Matt
Old 01-16-02, 10:08 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

siber,

Yes, I have been told by the Greddy rep these are one in the same. I wish I had this information before I had the Borla's....I would much rather have the full cat back instead of just the muffler sections in the rear.
Old 01-19-02, 09:12 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the greddy exhaust for the sc300 will not fit the sc400, due to the fact of different piping locations. I have checked with a GReddy rep in Irvine plenty of times. YOu'd have to modify it,just like i did with mine. Heavy mods i must admit..... How much are you getting the greddy for? i didnt' pay that much, hehe
Old 01-21-02, 07:51 PM
Perry Griffin
Driver School Candidate

Default OK, Who is right???

If a Greddy Rep says that their exhaust for the SC300 fits the 400, well I too would sure like it to be true, as a matter of fact, I would like to go all the way back with a true dual exhaust, but a catback system would beat just the "mufflers only" like Borla and RMM have, and maybe others. Has anyone the for sure truth on this, although the last respondeeeee sounded awfully like he knew what he was talking about and that the Greddy system won't work. I'm just hoping he is a lunatic that can't remember things from one day to the next, lol, but I fear he is dead on the money. And now I am just cutting up, don't report me, lol, just trying to have a little fun as I try to learn about this wonderful new (to me) vehicle I have purchased and want to do the right things first time out...although my normal method is to purchase the first thing that catches my eye, and then kick myself later for not researching it and getting the best product. lol
Old 01-22-02, 09:19 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Cool

HAHA, I'm no lunatic. When I got my car when i was 18, i called everywhere for performance products. My first place was Greddy. They told me they only work on more "popular" cars, i.e. Hondas!!, but they will not be thinking about making an exhaust for the SC400 unless i get about 10 other people to join in on the buy, so i just said "screw it" and bought the SC300 version. I jacked up the car at a shop and laid out the exhaust and it does not fit at all. Some pipes are bent differently. GRrrrr...... so i just modified the heck out of it.
Old 01-22-02, 09:48 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by do-luck sc
i didnt' pay that much, hehe
Do-Luck, where did you get your exhaust? How did you manage not to pay that much? How much? mind me asking? Thanks
Old 01-22-02, 09:51 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

hehe, does anyone want to buy my exhaust? it sounds soooooooo crazy!! um....the price??? if i tell you, i'd have to kill ya! hehe . But hey howie, i think i found a place for that lifetime alignment thing. where are you going to get yours? how are you rims? did costco balance it okay?
Old 01-22-02, 10:15 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been out of town for a few days, so I haven't done anything with my car. I'm still lagging on getting the tires on and getting an alignment and everything. If that fourth rim wasn't on backorder, I'd have the rims on my car already...

So how's your exhaust sound? Is it loud? I used to have a GReddy PE on my Honda Accord, and it was annoying. Why you selling? You can't tell me where you got the exhaust?
Old 01-22-02, 10:13 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Gang,

Sorry, If I misled...I was quoting this thread from a Greddy rep on this site. If you read the thread...he has a phone number to contact.

I would call him up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=2
Old 01-22-02, 11:09 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I emailed the Greddy guy to verify piping size and compatibility. If that's the case it'd be the first commerically available true cat-back exhaust I've ever seen for the car.
Old 01-23-02, 05:27 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

If that's the case it'd be the first commerically available true cat-back exhaust I've ever seen for the car.
There is also JIC Bullet Twin Spartan available from Overboost.com.
Old 01-24-02, 05:26 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

There is the response I got from Greddy,

I do not believe it will just bolt on, you would probably have to modify the fitment.
--

GReddy Performance Products, Inc.
9 Vanderbilt, Irvine CA 92618
(949) 588 8300 Tel.
(949) 588 6318 Fax
www.greddy.com