Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PA emissions and turbo SC3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 05:20 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA emissions and turbo SC3

I may be relocating to Lehigh or North Hampton county for professional reasons. Thing is, PA is one of those nasty emissions states. Apparently tint is illegal? Anyone have experience getting a sticker - safety inspection, clean air inspection with a turbo SC3? Recommendations on how to approach the situation? The car is a 1995. Purchased without catalytic converters. It has 4 mufflers on dual pipes. No EGR, I took that off a while ago. I have the original pieces and I could rig it up to look like it has egr. I hear they only do a visual inspection. No sniffer. I have two auxillary injectors visible in the charge pipe before throttle body also. I don't know what to expect with this situation. I really don't want to get rid of it, although I have it for sale in my siggie...

I could put high flow cats in place and dummy out a egr system or return it to original egr...

Any PA turbo lexus people out there with advice?

On the other hand side, if the offer is in right neighborhood, I may have a 1995 turbo SC3 for sale.
Old 10-17-07, 04:59 PM
WebStarr
Pole Position

Hey, I don't have a turbo Lex, but I'm from Scranton, PA. You are correct that they only do a visual inspection. You should not have too much of a problem getting your car inspected out here, as there are many shops out here where a few extra dollars will have them overlook the cat and egr issues. Basically out here if your car has tires, brakes, and the lights work you should be good to go. And regarding the window tint, depending on where you live it may be more of a hassle than it is worth. Some municipalities have nothing better to do than bother people with tinted windows. It all just depends on where you live.
Old 10-17-07, 09:27 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Thanks for the info. Will keep it in mind. I really do not understand the logic behind a visual inspect with no sniff...

Big government at work? And I thought the commonwealth of Kentucky was funny.