Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LS1 into a SC300/400

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 09:45 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_SC
yes, he has a lot of resources at his disposal....you should ask him bout his purple car....
Or his old Frankenstang with the huge Lightning motor sticking out through the hole in the hood.
Old 10-17-07, 11:24 PM
MTSC3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love big motors and I love the SC, so I hope you do the swap! Take a lot of pictures and videos.
Old 10-18-07, 10:05 PM
MattSEG
Driver

The lsx is one of the best motors ever made, the 5.3 is a steal for the price, and potential, and I too love the looks of the sc. I say do it.

A friend of mine has an ss with spray, cams, heads, and a few other things and it's known for raping ford gt's, a saleen s7, and an awful lot of other things. I'd post of video, but I can't find one right now. Sean aka Trmn8r is the guy's name.
Old 10-18-07, 11:20 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make your mounts then duplicate them and maybe you can make some money
Old 10-19-07, 05:55 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Unless you're planning to run 9's by powering 1 wheel, you may also want to add a rear end to your list.
I think it's an awesome project. I almost picked up an old RX7 to do the LS2 swap, but then found I don't have the time. IMO the SC has the looks over an RX7, so if some mounts and other parts were available, I'd definitely hit it. =)

For all the people saying you can get the same power out of the 1UZ:
1) You obviously don't know what a turboed LSx is capable of
2) With the LSx you get the T56 or TH400 as kind of a bonus...mating one to the 1UZ is far from free

I'm subscribed.

Cheers,
~Alan
Old 10-19-07, 06:12 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Lsx tranny weights soooooo much tho
Old 10-19-07, 09:26 PM
tommygun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Lsx tranny weights soooooo much tho
most trannies will weight quite a bit, but a TH350/400 will suffice.

what rear end mods are people doing? TRD diff? axels? I heard they were factory limited slips in some SCs (need to do more homework) but im not against just tossing a spool in the IRS.
Old 10-19-07, 11:22 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

I'd say go for it honestly, its being different that turns heads these days. Before I bought my Sc300, I owned a 1991 RX-7 with an LS1... that was a mean little machine. I grew up around displacement so I would be more inclined to do the swap as well if there was a safe, healthy way of doing such.
Old 10-19-07, 11:26 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Black_SC
yes, he has a lot of resources at his disposal....you should ask him bout his purple car....
This is a far shot, but is his "Purple Car" an RX7 with a small block engine? I can't recall if it was a ford or Chevy, but I saw it on Ebay and it was a sick looking 1989-1991 RX 7 with what I think was a Ford small block..
Old 10-20-07, 08:55 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tommygun
most trannies will weight quite a bit, but a TH350/400 will suffice.

what rear end mods are people doing? TRD diff? axels? I heard they were factory limited slips in some SCs (need to do more homework) but im not against just tossing a spool in the IRS.

Id just buy an aftermarket 2 way. Im not sure if theres difference in the supra and sc rear end but supra guys are doing ridiculous numbers so I would just get whatever most of those high hp supras are running
Old 10-20-07, 12:43 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YumaSC300
This is a far shot, but is his "Purple Car" an RX7 with a small block engine? I can't recall if it was a ford or Chevy, but I saw it on Ebay and it was a sick looking 1989-1991 RX 7 with what I think was a Ford small block..
His purple car is a Cobra.

Tommy, you can get the entire pumpkin off of a auto TT Supra, or since you probably don't have any qualms about resetting a ring/pinion you can just get the Torsen differential itself from the TT cars and have it installed. I keep bugging Jon to put the TRD in his Supra so I can have his stock one.
Old 10-20-07, 10:13 PM
USAF_RT
Driver

I really hope you go through with it man, more power to you! I was just talking to someone today about similar stuff.

Stock block hp & ease of install...2JZGTE is still superior...but the LS motors will dominate the 1UZ in the end because there is so much support everywhere you look.

Hell, if a guy just dropped one into an S2000...I am sure one will fit in the SC300

Keep us updated, and if you decide not to do it...don't just stop posting, at least tell people if you got caught up on something that made it impossible.
Old 10-21-07, 03:55 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by USAF_RT
I really hope you go through with it man, more power to you! I was just talking to someone today about similar stuff.

Stock block hp & ease of install...2JZGTE is still superior...but the LS motors will dominate the 1UZ in the end because there is so much support everywhere you look.

Hell, if a guy just dropped one into an S2000...I am sure one will fit in the SC300

Keep us updated, and if you decide not to do it...don't just stop posting, at least tell people if you got caught up on something that made it impossible.
Black_SC and I are friends with him so worse comes to worse one of us can give an update if he stops posting.
Old 10-21-07, 07:50 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

I would swap in the LS7 motor instead of the LS1. There are FD RX7s running the LS7 already.
Old 10-21-07, 10:37 PM
tommygun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by papanature
I would swap in the LS7 motor instead of the LS1. There are FD RX7s running the LS7 already.
why would I waste my time with a motor I could not turbo lol

the LS7 is nice but its still stupid expensive and is best left NA imo.

Quick Reply: LS1 into a SC300/400