ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   Latest project(v8 vvti swap) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/307115-latest-project-v8-vvti-swap.html)

nextlevelcoupe 09-17-07 11:07 PM

Latest project(v8 vvti swap)

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a while since i posted any significant upgrades or installs to my car, but despite my lack of activity in these forums i still keep a close eye on all the exciting projects you guys are involved in and i must say that I am once again truly inspired to do more with this unfinished project. To date, earlier this year i have been able to do a 98 gated shifter conversion to my car from a 98 sc300 (which compared to stock,is badazz-pics will follow soon). I have been very busy with other things so far,(home purchase,etc) but i grow tired of seeing the car in it's present form. Mechanically and cosmetically my car is starting to show it's age and i feel it's time to allocate some space/energy to make changes.I have decided to delve into uncharted territory and swap in a full 98 drivetrain into my existing chassis(1995 sc400), adding 40 more horses,an added gear for the tranny(5speed auto) and of course,VVTI. When all is completed,tested and 100% finalized, a paintjob and custom interior will follow.I will then look heavily into doing a turbo install(low boost) for this motor to round things out....until then, here are some pics of the motor :

nextlevelcoupe 09-17-07 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2nd pic.. (Gazi...you are absolutely,positively...the MAN!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:)

ACleanSC4 09-17-07 11:59 PM

ooooh...I wanted to do the same...good luck!

nextlevelcoupe 09-18-07 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4 (Post 2923406)
ooooh...I wanted to do the same...good luck!

Thanks Tony...i know i will need some of that luck. I might also look into ss headers and other performance upgrades at stage 1 for the n/a layout for now.

aliga 09-18-07 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe (Post 2923842)
Thanks jose...i know i will need some of that luck. I might also look into ss headers and other performance upgrades at stage 1 for the n/a layout for now.

jose = cleansc
tony = acleansc4

glad i was able to find this setup for you, this is the second one that i was able to source in 10 years of dealing with scs.

nextlevelcoupe 09-18-07 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by aliga (Post 2924102)
jose = cleansc
tony = acleansc4

glad i was able to find this setup for you, this is the second one that i was able to source in 10 years of dealing with scs.

oops...my apologies for the mixup:) ...it's been a while. (edited)
i could have gotten that first 98 engine you had too!:D

SC400TT 09-18-07 08:31 PM

Deron, excited to see it starting...Glad i was abel to discuss this option with you when you were considering it...Your car will be Badass....Keep us posted.

Ryan