ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   Why is it so hard to find a VPC (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/297450-why-is-it-so-hard-to-find-a-vpc.html)

breed 07-30-07 11:21 PM

Why is it so hard to find a VPC

I have been looking for like 3 months Now, and I cant get my hands on a used HKS VPC for nothing:mad:, is anyone else on the search for the "HOLY GRAIL" like me?. I was just wondering why its so hard to find, there was one on Egay but the seller didn’t know if it worked or not, so yeah Nuff said about that.
Guys, so to my knowledge there Car spacific right? and the only thing you change internally is the Chip for whatever type of injectors your running right? and Since im going NA-T I need the VPC for the 1993-1998 Toyota Supra Turbo right? O yeah Hows the wiring with the S-AFC:uh:?

I think im going to post on various Supra Forums to see if i can get a Bite.

cwtt 07-31-07 12:10 AM

Go on supraforums. There are tons of them in the for sale forum.

2.5tsoarer 07-31-07 07:19 AM

hard to find because they have been discontinued for years now.:sad: just like Apexi Power FC :cry:

mitsuguy 07-31-07 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer (Post 2808532)
hard to find because they have been discontinued for years now.:sad: just like Apexi Power FC :cry:

yup... and I really don't know why anyone would want one with the options available now... if the VPC was all you needed cool, no problem, but the VPC is only the beginning of the alphabet soup... with the VPC, you need the GCC and either an AFR or a AFC to really tune it... and then it's still outdated...

buy an AEM, you'll be alot happier...

Duckness 07-31-07 07:52 AM

thats not a comparison lol. aem is a complete standalone and vpc is a piggyback type of fuel control. thats like 500$ to 1500$

Blk97SC300 07-31-07 09:46 AM

I'm using the MAP ECU.. and I love it. I got rid of the restrictive AFM and tuning via a pressure signal directly into the MAP ECU. Easy to install, and easy to tune. It idles, cruises, runs normally, and is even smooth as hell at WOT too. I bought it for $300 or so, and all the software is on their site.

Why not use a MAP ECU instead of a VPC/GCC that uses "pills" for different sized injectors? There are better alternatives for less money out there..

Allen

mitsuguy 07-31-07 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Duckness (Post 2808587)
thats not a comparison lol. aem is a complete standalone and vpc is a piggyback type of fuel control. thats like 500$ to 1500$

but by the time you get everything you need to make a VPC work, you've spent $1000+ and don't have near the stuff you can do with an AEM...

by the time you buy a VPC, find the right chip for it, get the GCC to "fine tune" it, then get the AFC/AFR to fine tune the GCC, then you'll need a FCD to avoid fuel cut...

or you can just buy an AEM and a 3.5 bar MAP sensor...

mitsuguy 07-31-07 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Blk97SC300 (Post 2808806)
I'm using the MAP ECU.. and I love it. I got rid of the restrictive AFM and tuning via a pressure signal directly into the MAP ECU. Easy to install, and easy to tune. It idles, cruises, runs normally, and is even smooth as hell at WOT too. I bought it for $300 or so, and all the software is on their site.

Why not use a MAP ECU instead of a VPC/GCC that uses "pills" for different sized injectors? There are better alternatives for less money out there..

Allen

this is actually something I am considering for my car... I default to AEM because I'm used to it and have tuned a few cars with it, but it seems as though the MAP ECU is a viable alternative as well...

Duckness 07-31-07 10:24 AM

do you have any experience with the emanage ultimate?

mitsuguy 07-31-07 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Duckness (Post 2808897)

nope, just the emanage "basic" or whatever the first iteration of the thing is called... I found the interface very clumsy, but worked well... I've heard lots of good things about "ultimate" however never used one...

breed 08-01-07 11:39 PM

Im going to dig for more info regarding the Map Ecu. Blk97SC300 post just sounds too good to Pass Up. Plus its like (MAP ECU $399.00 New) as too HKS VPC Used 400.00 + all the extra stuff mitsuguy was talking about. If The Map ECU worked out for Blk97SC300 i sure hope it works out for me.

Blk97SC300: Do you still have your Pin out info? And I have a SAFCII can i still use it? or just get rid of it?

Thankx Guyz

RedPhoenix 08-02-07 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Duckness (Post 2808897)

I personally have though. Not with this car, but a car that was already map ready (camry turbo :D) it took a little to get it tuned but once it did, it was flawless.

MAP ECU seems like a great solution though

Duckness 08-02-07 08:38 AM

does it have 2step and features good for our cars? i heard its the closest to complete standalone but cheaper but just a piggyback.

TheRonTom3 08-02-07 09:03 AM

I didn't read the whole thread so punch me in the face if this is a wasted post but here is a good one on ebizzle

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H...em290143215217

breed 08-04-07 11:40 PM

Blk97SC300: Do you still have your Pin out info? And I have a SAFCII can i still use it? or just get rid of it?