Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Weird things happening

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 02:37 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird things happening

Last night, Well I was driving on the highway crusing at like 75mph and all of a sudden every electrical thing shut off and I thought the car died. I pulled over to the side of the road and 3 seconds later everything turns back on and my car was still idling for some odd reason. I drive it home and then I opened the hood and checked everything and it looked fine. I go to check the batter terminals and i go to remove the cover for the positive and the whole cable came off with it. I reattached it and started the car and it started then died. Tried it again and same thing. I go tighten all the terminals and do it again and same *****. So i try it again and this time I kept the idle up and I let off and it slowly dropped and died. I do it again and held it for some time and it was holding idle rock solid. I turned it off and checked it a few times and it was good. I go to check if it was my battery or alternator so I started the car pull the positive terminal off and the car was still on. So I think its my battery. I left the terminals off and I went inside.

Today, I go reattach the battery terminals and started the car up and it went to like 1k and dropped and died. I tried holding the idle up again and I let of and it died again. I hold it for a long time and it slowly drops and barely still running and very low rpms then dies. So I decided to keep the AC on and it idles fine. Then it was warming up and I tried it again and the warmer it gets the higher it idles and it even idled without the ac on. The weird thing is the car beeps every time when I start the car now like how you reset it and it beeps and now it does that everytime.

So what is wrong with my car? I don't think its the battery or the alternator. What caused everything to shut off on the highway? Did somehow it fried my idle air controller? I checked the fuses it looks fine. Which fuse controls idle? Why does it keep beeping now?
Old 07-18-07, 02:53 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, I guess I figured out the beep. I had the phone in back in the day and it was off and i removed it which = beep free.

I guess since the car was reseted the beep is here.... and I don't want to install the phone to turn it off lol.....

Still don't know what else is causing the other stuff.
Old 07-20-07, 12:29 PM
lalexigirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That Sorta Happened to Me

Originally Posted by DryBlaze
Last night, Well I was driving on the highway crusing at like 75mph and all of a sudden every electrical thing shut off and I thought the car died. I pulled over to the side of the road and 3 seconds later everything turns back on and my car was still idling for some odd reason. I drive it home and then I opened the hood and checked everything and it looked fine. I go to check the batter terminals and i go to remove the cover for the positive and the whole cable came off with it. I reattached it and started the car and it started then died. Tried it again and same thing. I go tighten all the terminals and do it again and same *****. So i try it again and this time I kept the idle up and I let off and it slowly dropped and died. I do it again and held it for some time and it was holding idle rock solid. I turned it off and checked it a few times and it was good. I go to check if it was my battery or alternator so I started the car pull the positive terminal off and the car was still on. So I think its my battery. I left the terminals off and I went inside.

Today, I go reattach the battery terminals and started the car up and it went to like 1k and dropped and died. I tried holding the idle up again and I let of and it died again. I hold it for a long time and it slowly drops and barely still running and very low rpms then dies. So I decided to keep the AC on and it idles fine. Then it was warming up and I tried it again and the warmer it gets the higher it idles and it even idled without the ac on. The weird thing is the car beeps every time when I start the car now like how you reset it and it beeps and now it does that everytime.

So what is wrong with my car? I don't think its the battery or the alternator. What caused everything to shut off on the highway? Did somehow it fried my idle air controller? I checked the fuses it looks fine. Which fuse controls idle? Why does it keep beeping now?
In Feb. my car wouldn't start & after AAA jumped it I took it to Sears since the battery wouldn't charge. Stupid Sears didn't check the Alt but I got a new batt under warranty. so 2 days later my car is going 30 mph on the street & everything starts to shut down. AAA again & said it's the alt. and Sears should have seen it. My alt took out the battery. Pep Boys replaced the alt and it's been 5 mos & alt & bat fine now on to other issues......
Old 07-20-07, 02:41 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the fix for the car phone beep: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286836

As for the other stuff, I don't know.
Old 07-24-07, 03:14 AM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah Blizzy, I cut that wire and everything is good. Thanks. The car seems to run fine now for some odd reason...
Old 07-24-07, 05:59 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try doing a search for the fuel ecu problem. jump the correct wires in the diagnostics port and see if symptoms continue.
Old 07-24-07, 09:16 PM
CopperShot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check all your grounds.