Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

tach fix woot!

Old 07-07-07, 02:17 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tach fix woot!

finally got my lazy azz to do the tach fix mod, and i can say for sure that it works. jumped resistor r109 or what ever it was, hooked up the black wire on the orange plug (Ik2) to the tach signal wire from the 1jz ignitor, and voila! tach works!. now to install my flexalite 210 electric fans.

p.s. forgot to tell you guys i purchased a set of jic tierods and installed them lastweek. aligned the vehicle at work, the car drives nice and straight.
Old 07-07-07, 03:51 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default huh

Originally Posted by audi2nr
finally got my lazy azz to do the tach fix mod, and i can say for sure that it works. jumped resistor r109 or what ever it was, hooked up the black wire on the orange plug (Ik2) to the tach signal wire from the 1jz ignitor, and voila! tach works!. now to install my flexalite 210 electric fans.

p.s. forgot to tell you guys i purchased a set of jic tierods and installed them lastweek. aligned the vehicle at work, the car drives nice and straight.
did you mean "Vwalah" ?
Old 07-07-07, 08:04 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

can you please specify which black wire on the orange plug? like a pic of it. i jumped the r109 resistor but my tach still doesn't work.
Old 07-08-07, 03:22 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you using the original dash cluster or JDM one?
Old 07-08-07, 04:03 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

im using my oem 92 sc300 5sp cluster, my engine was out of a chaser, since the engine was out of a chaser i had to make my own wire connections as the body plugs arent the same as the soarer. so what i did was trace tach signal wire from the ignitor and connect it to the black wire on the orange connector (Ik2) pin number 8 i also hooked up an aftermarket tach to verify the tach was reading correctly, they are reading within 100rpm of each other
Old 07-08-07, 06:07 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

so would your method work for my car? its also a 92. only differ is that my motor is from a soarer.
also which wire is the tach signal from the ignitor?
Old 07-08-07, 08:15 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blaznsc4
so would your method work for my car? its also a 92. only differ is that my motor is from a soarer.
also which wire is the tach signal from the ignitor?
basically how i found the wire was this. if you look on the little diag port (the diag port says DIAGNOSES on it) next to the intake manifold there is a wire inside that says ign. using a dvom ohm test between your body harness connectors and the IGN wire on the diag box. once you find where the wire is on the body harness end, connect the wire to the black wire, pin #8, on the orange connector IK2. im guessing that even though your soarer body harness plugs into the car, the pins are in the wrong spot. since u already jumped the resistor all you should need to do is hook up the wire correctly
Old 07-08-07, 09:10 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by audi2nr
basically how i found the wire was this. if you look on the little diag port (the diag port says DIAGNOSES on it) next to the intake manifold there is a wire inside that says ign. using a dvom ohm test between your body harness connectors and the IGN wire on the diag box. once you find where the wire is on the body harness end, connect the wire to the black wire, pin #8, on the orange connector IK2. im guessing that even though your soarer body harness plugs into the car, the pins are in the wrong spot. since u already jumped the resistor all you should need to do is hook up the wire correctly
so pretty much i connect a separate wire from the ign wire of the diag box to pin #8 on the orange connector ik2?
Old 07-08-07, 09:12 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blaznsc4
so pretty much i connect a separate wire from the ign wire of the diag box to pin #8 on the orange connector ik2?
u can do that, although a wire should already be run to one of the connectors, it might be in the wrong spot. u can either find it, or make your own
Old 07-09-07, 05:43 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

would i have to pull out the original wires or just tap it at both ends?
Old 07-10-07, 12:16 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

splice the wire into the female side of the connector. THE ONE THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF THIS PIC
Old 07-10-07, 12:25 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

oh ok. so pretty much tap the ign wire and the female side of the orange pin#8 connector.
Old 07-10-07, 12:29 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

yezzer
Old 07-15-07, 10:24 AM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

thanks audi2nr. seems that the ign wire was cut under the dash. solder the wire back together and it works now. rpm is pretty accurate by comparing it to my safc
Old 07-15-07, 05:31 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

NICE WORK MAN! i know how it is without a tach and it sucks, ya i hooked up an external tach and compared both they were very close

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tach fix woot!