Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

can anyone positively id this ecu

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-07, 12:16 PM
kevro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone positively id this ecu

it seems from all the information i have that this is clearly a soarer ecu, cannot confirm it with part number though. Is there another toyota that came with the 1jz and the same ecu plugs as the soarer ? ecu pt number is 89661-24291.
guy is telling me its from a supra, which im certain it is not. He is also telling me that this is a "front sump, meaning that the sump is closer to the transmission" pretty sure the sump being closest to the tranny makes it a rear sump? what gives???
thanks
Kevin

http://www.pbase.com/soarerecu/inbox
Old 06-16-07, 01:13 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

hey bud, thats mostlikely a 1jz out of a chaser, mostlikely the jzx-90 chaser, front sump engine, same plugs as the soarer. i did this swap in to my sc. u need to swap upper and lower oil pans along with the oil pump pickup ect... u can use your 2jz oilpans.

Last edited by audi2nr; 06-16-07 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-16-07, 01:58 PM
kevro
Pole Position

so the engine with the sump closest to the transmission/firewall is considered a front sump engine, and the engines with the su,p closest to the front/crankshaft pulley of the engine are rear sump?????? this makes zero sense to me.
Old 06-17-07, 11:55 AM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kevro
so the engine with the sump closest to the transmission/firewall is considered a front sump engine, and the engines with the su,p closest to the front/crankshaft pulley of the engine are rear sump?????? this makes zero sense to me.
front sump has the oil pan closer to the FRONT of the car, rear is the opposite
Old 06-17-07, 01:26 PM
kevro
Pole Position

thats what i thought. the guy selling the motorset is swearing up and downs that "this is a supra engine, it has the front sump, located at the rear of the engine closest to the transmission." and he sent me the pics of the ecu that are clearly not a supra ecu. so his sump is at th back and the ecu looks for all the world like a soarer ecu. heres what im 99 percent sure of. chaser has the sump at teh front of the engine. soarer has teh sump at teh rear of the engine. wiring in teh soarer is perfect into sc300 with extensions, chaser is the same wiring.
am i right ? and what is wrong with my "the"
Old 06-17-07, 01:45 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kevro
thats what i thought. the guy selling the motorset is swearing up and downs that "this is a supra engine, it has the front sump, located at the rear of the engine closest to the transmission." and he sent me the pics of the ecu that are clearly not a supra ecu. so his sump is at th back and the ecu looks for all the world like a soarer ecu. heres what im 99 percent sure of. chaser has the sump at teh front of the engine. soarer has teh sump at teh rear of the engine. wiring in teh soarer is perfect into sc300 with extensions, chaser is the same wiring.
am i right ? and what is wrong with my "the"
wiring colors and connectors of the chaser are diffrent, your body plugs wont match. unless u de-pin all the wires and place them in the correct spots. even then some of the body plugs dont match, all i did was splice the nessary wires into the body harness.