ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   2jzgte question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/282561-2jzgte-question.html)

atopper 05-17-07 06:02 PM

2jzgte question

i've been looking around websites and i keep finding 2jzgte with auto transmissions. theses 2jzgte are from the lexus sedans. does any one know why a automatic 2jzgte from the lexus sedans is about half the price of a 2jzgte manual from a supra? is the one in the aristo built diffrently than the supra? also will a JDM 2jzgte be in the same smog limit as a USDM? could it be possible to get it legalized and barred? if its not in the same range of smog is there anything you could do to make it become in the same smog limit as a USDM engine?

SCoupe 05-17-07 07:07 PM

Type the word Aristo in the search field for SC300/400, you will find many articles like this that will shed light on your questions. Mostly because it has been asked and re-asked too many times and you should not have started another thread.
SC300 w/ Aristo 2JZGTE

Re CARB, it is possible to install all the emmissions equipment on the jdm engine and it will pass. It all must be from a USDM spec engine and put in place perfectly as eom Supra, the erg system must be installed and the head drilled, not something I'd did as a amauter.

ElitistK 05-17-07 07:35 PM

or you can just swap in a usdm supra tt auto clip instead. the aristo 2jzgte is meant for the lexus gs.

or if you want to save even mor emoney, just get a 1jz.

Rotarytoy 05-17-07 08:30 PM

Manual twice as much because it has the 6 speed getrag with it. One of the best transmissions on the planet. Tranny's alone are 4k from toyota.

SCoupe 05-17-07 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ElitistK (Post 2630884)
... just get a 1jz.

1jz is not street legal in CA and can never be made so and he's asking about that.

Originally Posted by ElitistK (Post 2630884)
or you can just swap in a usdm supra tt auto clip instead.

as common as a four leaf clover

2slow4u 05-18-07 12:12 PM

In Ca its not legal but i did hear they are doing away w/ obdI scans and emissions (just has to pass the sniffer) so you might be able to do it.

atopper 05-18-07 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rotarytoy (Post 2630995)
Manual twice as much because it has the 6 speed getrag with it. One of the best transmissions on the planet. Tranny's alone are 4k from toyota.

is the getrag stock with the supra TT manual?

BLovesc 05-18-07 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2slow4u (Post 2632456)
In Ca its not legal but i did hear they are doing away w/ obdI scans and emissions (just has to pass the sniffer) so you might be able to do it.

No way I wish

Rotarytoy 05-18-07 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by atopper (Post 2632961)
is the getrag stock with the supra TT manual?

Yes it is.