Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

i am a new owner of a 93 sc300 and im having problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 01:04 AM
clean
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am a new owner of a 93 sc300 and im having problems

alright could sombody please help me out, i just purchased a 1993 sc300 and the guy told me all i needed was a new distributor, and i got that fixed. but its doin the same thing as before still, everytime i turn it on it will shut rite off, but if i turn the car on with the gas pedal half way down then the car will stay on, but only with my foot on the gas pedal, i took it to a shop and they did a scan on the computer but the guy said nothin came up on the scanner, and yes he had the rite scanner for the sc300, he said it might be an eletrical problem, he said its not nothin wrong with the motor, some people at work are tellin me its the o2 sensor, i dont know. could somebody please give me some direction before i take it to the lexus dealer , which is crazy expensive
Old 05-16-07, 03:05 AM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

try to look under neath the drivers side front fender and see if the fender liner is ripped up or damaged in any way. cause the wiring harness goes right the fender and alot of times it can get a damaged. so it could be thought
Old 05-16-07, 03:34 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problem with my 92 sc 300, or at least simular. I have been able to maintain a very low idle but the car runs very rich on occassion and more so then ever now. I have spent a fortune on it at the Lex Stealership and came up with nothing. I figure it just probaly needs a new cpu b/c the coolant level has not changed telling me that there is no coolant leak therefore it's not a blown cylinder (I guess). I'm either selling mine or parting it out, the car looks great and everything works except the sunroof.
Old 05-16-07, 03:55 AM
bmatsu
Driver

Make sure all of the vacume lines to the intake are in good shape and connected. If those are loose or in bad shape you will get a rough or no idle. Check them out. Good Luck :-)
Old 05-16-07, 06:22 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bmatsu
Make sure all of the vacume lines to the intake are in good shape and connected. If those are loose or in bad shape you will get a rough or no idle. Check them out. Good Luck :-)
its probably a vaccume leak bad maf sensor or fried ecu ,it will only take a couple of hours th change out the vaccume lines

I am having the same problem with my 92 sc 300, or at least simular. I have been able to maintain a very low idle but the car runs very rich on occassion and more so then ever now. I have spent a fortune on it at the Lex Stealership and came up with nothing. I figure it just probaly needs a new cpu b/c the coolant level has not changed telling me that there is no coolant leak therefore it's not a blown cylinder (I guess). I'm either selling mine or parting it out, the car looks great and everything works except the sunroof.
if thats the only issue with you sc pm me i will glady take the problem off your hand
Old 05-16-07, 12:41 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

vac line off or cracked, and im thinking the throttle position sensor.
i have had my car appart 20 plus times, and always had a problem same as yours till i fixed or rerouted thoes two items. think about it give it fuel it works, let off the pedal it dosent correct?