Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

BFI help, search doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 06:40 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile BFI help, search doesnt work

hate to be a PITA, but my search button always goes back to the same page when i hit search and it wont actuallly work.

well anyways, I have a 93 sc400 and a friend is gonna help me do a bfi tommorow and we needed a little more info..

what were the exact parts you used, and where did you buy them?

how hard is it to do this?

it says $8 , how much did you guys spend?

maybe you could post pics of yours?

I'd appreciate the help and i know its a noob question... also, i posted my problem in the comments/concerns section a lil while ago
Old 02-21-07, 08:46 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Default Bfi

Vince,

The search function does not work for me either. BFI should get you there.

For additional redaing try autospeed.drive.com ans look at "Eliminating Negative Boost" the author states that the BFI is better but he also has more testing data. As well try planetsoarer.com/Ramair/ram_air.htm Soarer V8 Ram Air Intake. Again, BFI is the best. Waht I have refered you to is a couple hours of reading and more tech data than you will ever need. Bottom line is BFI works and is easy to do. Good luck with the board. It rarely lets you down.

Cheers

John
Old 02-22-07, 07:13 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"B F I" is too small an item for the search function. If you need to search for items with 1, 2, or 3 positions always include a "wildcard". ie. search "BFI*". That will help you out. Also, the step by step directions for all 3 iterations of the BFI are on planetsoarer.
Old 02-22-07, 08:23 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

*Cough*, lots of guys have done BFI's here, some will chime in to help, *cough*. Just look at the links in my siggy. Also $C300 will be able to link you his wonderful setup that he did. GL and have fun moddin
Old 02-22-07, 06:42 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, well today i went to a bunch of places and found out a bunch more info. special thanks to blizzy and john ed... anyways, i headed down to lowes, where i explained my intentions and showed the guy the diagram and what parts i needed. The man didnt even know where the screws were.

So i headed down to advance auto. the people there are real nice to me. a lady that works for a company who supplies parts for nascar explained basically how the entire thing worked in about 30 minutes. now, i know what i need to do, and i understand, i just dont know how to do it lol. (or trust myself to, im hopin that guy will help me, he said he'd do it today but that didnt happen, i think well do it on saturday.)

next stop was bass pro shop (reccomended by lady) to find EVA foam in the camping section. didnt find it. then i went to sun and ski, didnt find it.
is there somethin else i can use instead or where did you guys find yours?

so then i had burned enough gas and headed home. so anyways, right now i know i need:
-EVA Foam
-thin sheet metal (top of box, under headlight chamber)
-2-3ft. piece of thin aluminum strip 90 degrees

What am i missing?

also, theres an aluminum wheel repair/welding shop around the corner, the lady said to see if they had extra sheet metal there

Last edited by vince1128; 02-22-07 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 06:47 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
"B F I" is too small an item for the search function. If you need to search for items with 1, 2, or 3 positions always include a "wildcard". ie. search "BFI*". That will help you out. Also, the step by step directions for all 3 iterations of the BFI are on planetsoarer.
truth

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266037

Old 02-22-07, 07:28 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Default BFI search

Guys,

I had no idea you can't make it search if your search is for to "little" info. Like just searching for "BFI". That won't work! What will work is to search for "BFI*" The asterick is a wild card that means "and anything else that might follow BFI". You type that and it works gang busters.

Better still, go over to Planetsoarer.com, where BFI exists as a post, and view the original/complete post that includes building instructions.

The O. L. T. post is cryptic and didn't get me sorted out. Oh, and, when you PM him/her don't call him "sunshine" (from his sign off as "Black Sunshine") 'cause he will call you "MOONBEAM" when he answers. LOL I cracked!

John
Old 02-22-07, 08:01 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

you sent me that same pm, i thought it was wierd too

anyways, could we drop the search prob deal and just focus on my bfi troubles pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thanks
Old 02-22-07, 08:07 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEd
Oh, and, when you PM him/her don't call him "sunshine" (from his sign off as "Black Sunshine") 'cause he will call you "MOONBEAM" when he answers.
John
He really likes it when you call him "Cup Cakes"...Thats how you get on his good side.
Old 02-24-07, 04:24 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

EVERYONE!!! GREAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT NEWS!!!! tonight i just did the first part by cuttin a hole in the airbox, and im gonna do the rest tom. but (in chris farley voice) OH MY FREAKIN GOSH! it is outright amazing the difference. at full throttle it is the sweetest sounding engine i believe ive ever heard. and at low rpms you dont have to put ur foot halfway just to get a lil kick.... Im so ****ing impressed with this. and, it has costed like 9 bucks.
god bless peter scott
Old 02-24-07, 06:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
He really likes it when you call him "Cup Cakes"...Thats how you get on his good side.
That was just for you.

Old 02-24-07, 06:24 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vince1128
EVERYONE!!! GREAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT NEWS!!!! tonight i just did the first part by cuttin a hole in the airbox, and im gonna do the rest tom. but (in chris farley voice) OH MY FREAKIN GOSH! it is outright amazing the difference. at full throttle it is the sweetest sounding engine i believe ive ever heard. and at low rpms you dont have to put ur foot halfway just to get a lil kick.... Im so ****ing impressed with this. and, it has costed like 9 bucks.
god bless peter scott
amen.

dyno gains are minimal, but driveability increases and the sound are well worth the $20.

win-win in the truest sense.