Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ok whats the limit with the stock distributor and this turbo? (pics)ha ha

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-07, 08:46 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok whats the limit with the stock distributor and this turbo? (pics)ha ha

here it is my metal child. he was birthed at 20 something pounds he likes to blow out compressed air.......lol and more, he farts with major psi.
welcome to the family precision pt76gts !!

Old 02-21-07, 04:04 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

are you asking about hp limitations or space?
there are a few manifolds you can run and clear dizzy with that little guy.
as for power boost logic made i think 730ish on stock wires and everything just a hks twin power and stock intake manifold as well
Old 02-21-07, 04:05 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

what A/R looks a little small
Old 02-21-07, 04:38 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarer479
what A/R looks a little small

a/r is .81, but i will be running a aftermarket manifold from mvp motorsports, with a 100mm tb, hks dli, probably a msd upgraded coil,+1mm over valves brian crower/ferrera valve train, hks cam and a crower regrind on the exhaust side. 6 speed lwith a lightweight flywheel, dual walboros, precision 1000cc injectors yadda yadda all the usual stuff.
Old 02-21-07, 04:43 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

pretty nice set up good to see someone else trying to take the NA motor somewhere what are your goals? you sacraficed alot of power for a little bit of spool going with that 81 but all depends on what your looking to make and how quick you want it
Old 02-21-07, 04:45 PM
Sc400Red95
Driver

Why would you use twin pumps... that alot a bit of overkill don't you think. I am sure you can get away with just 1 pump... maybe from a Supra TT... Check the SupraForums.com for the pump. I have seen them go for 100bucks...
Old 02-21-07, 04:48 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

negative he will deffinatly need twin pumps with what he is going to make on that turbo possibly even 3. im running an aeromotive a1000 now and thinking about either moving up to an eliminator or twin a1000's
Old 02-21-07, 05:38 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

red400, actually i know for a fact i need a dual or possibly triple pump setup.
my supra had dual pumps on it and needed all they could provide.

soarer, i did a hell of alot of research on turbos before i purchased this one, from other supra board members posts they are hitting (with supporting mods) 900 or so horsepower with the same exact turbo. but i do know thats on the gte motor. i picked this unit because i didnt want a full 2k rpm band of power which im sure wont be toooo much better but it will help some.
the turbo is rated at 1150horsepower and my goal is 750rwhp and when the new block is ready im shooting for 1000rwhp on the distributor so we will go from there. my major goal is to prove that the 2jzge motor is quite capable of major #'s. i will be running the aem unit to control all of this which is already installed in the car.
Old 02-21-07, 06:41 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

very nice im running ems as well. thinking about switching to motec though. I think you may find yourself slightly limited on thats small of an A/R but everyone has their own opinion im in the process of choosing a new one myself and i think ive decided on a gt45-80r with a 1.15 A/R, ill suffer about 2-3 hundred rpms spool time off of a .96 but will make up for it in the extra power it will be capable of. We have pretty similar goals as far as power and retaining the dizzy. I cant wait for eric and david to finish the hard weld ge cams. I'll be jumping on those.
Old 02-21-07, 08:06 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Bump for what is going to be a bad *** setup... Post pics with progress!
Old 02-21-07, 09:37 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

here is most of the stuff for the head rebuild.
im going +1mm over on intake and exhaust valves by brian crower, bc valve springs, bc titainum retainers, ferrea spring seat locators, ferrea bronze valve guides, ferea valve locks, mostly polishing work will be done to the head with port matching and minor porting, unorthodox cam gears, power ent kevlar timing belt, hks intake cam, regrind on exhaust. 2.5mm headgasket. i already have arp headstuds. and a heck of alot more is on the way. i will also be converting to twin turbo valve covers and sparkplug cover. i cant honestly wait to drop in a built bottom end later, and then see what it will do. fuel system is my next concern, i ordered the billet fuel pump hanger through MVP
to make the system as safely put together as possible, the fuel rail comes with the intake manifold, i ordered the fuel pressure unit from MVP also. i think we settled on a PHR or boost logic full intercooler for the car, hks 50mm wastegate, i will custom make a downpipe and vent the wastegate to the air.
and will be running a 4" exhaust. tons of stuff to do, so little time.

Old 02-21-07, 10:19 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I dont know what the exact limit is on the stock distributer but Ive heard of NA-T supras running 10s with their stock distributer and wires.
Old 02-22-07, 04:43 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you go with the 76 if your only looking for 750rwhp? Sounds like we will have another quick Sc soon
Old 02-22-07, 04:46 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simann
I HAVE A PAIR OF 2jzgtte valve covers for sale.....
Who cares? Go post in the forsale section..
Old 02-22-07, 05:10 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 90redsupra
Why did you go with the 76 if your only looking for 750rwhp? Sounds like we will have another quick Sc soon
i am only going with that much at first till i put the upgraded block in, then the sky is the limit. i plan on making this a true all show all go sc3.

Quick Reply: ok whats the limit with the stock distributor and this turbo? (pics)ha ha