Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ GTTE Intake on 2jzge

Old 02-03-07, 07:42 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1JZ GTTE Intake on 2jzge

1. Yes searched. Nothing called this particular combo out
2. Would you be able to make them fit. I know the 2jzgte does not line up. You could cut and weld the ge runners on a gte manifold. Would it be the same thing for the 1jz or are they night and day?

If you can get the intake for dirt cheap it seems worth it to me than you pay north of 600 for the aftermarket. The one thing I am not understanding is the need for a computer with this mod. Is it purely due to you shortening the runway the air has to go from one sensor to another? Can someone break that down a little more for me?

Thank you
Bill
Old 02-04-07, 07:53 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

by fitting up the manifold by welding your going to have to have access to someone who can do AC welding which can become a hard to find service. Then once you do this you have to plug the hole for the map sensor then from there since you are removing the secondaries it will completely mess with your fueling/timing so you will need to be able to control both to make the setup work. you could get away with just fuel trimming but it really depends on too many things to be able to tell w/o knowing your setup. hope that helps.
Old 02-05-07, 06:13 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMEGOBY
1. Yes searched. Nothing called this particular combo out
2. Would you be able to make them fit. I know the 2jzgte does not line up. You could cut and weld the ge runners on a gte manifold. Would it be the same thing for the 1jz or are they night and day?

If you can get the intake for dirt cheap it seems worth it to me than you pay north of 600 for the aftermarket. The one thing I am not understanding is the need for a computer with this mod. Is it purely due to you shortening the runway the air has to go from one sensor to another? Can someone break that down a little more for me?

Thank you
Bill

It would be much easier to bold the 1jz-gte, head to a 2jz-ge block. Your going to need some sort of standalone though. search on 1.5jz, it's been done before.

Doing the welding of runners etc seems pointless if you have a 1jz head anyways.