Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

heater problems revisited and yes i searched

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 09:08 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater problems revisited and yes i searched

Hello all,
Basically I'm just looking for an overall census of the problem. I have searched and saved threads, ect..ect..ect.
So far, I have replaced the radiator, thermostat, radiator cap, topped off the coolant, ran the car and retopped it off. Replaced the heater control valve, bypassed the heater control valve and zip tied the plunger so that it is always up. Still I have no heat. The hoses running through the firewall feal hot but not like that, its been cooking under the hood hot. At the same time, it could be engine heat. So I'm not really going to count that one. My water pump is good for the record and I have a new one on stand-by.
The last thing I can think of that could help is the heater core and I have read the thread about this and also pm'd someone who replaced it for tech support. My interior is gutted and ready to go in case this is the culpret.
I just wanted to know if there is anything else, any little thing that might have been over-looked on my part that I could try. I really do not want to do the heater core, I would much rather order my 1j bellhousing and get the boost project rolling but before I can do that, all maintinence items must be addressed. Thanks to all for reading and suggestions.