Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Crank Pulley Marriage is over

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 09:07 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crank Pulley Marriage is over

The crank pulley decided to separate after 150K miles together. Well the job was pretty straight forward and let me tell you that after working on a 300ZXTT for the past ~9 years this thing is so easy and nice to work on. I was able to get in there and get to work quickly. Thank you Chris Johnson for supplying the part. I just threw a used on it for right now. Now down to the drama...or maybe the chuckle.

After completing the job last night I turn the car on to make sure that nothing is left loose and that we are all working nicely again. Well just as I tell the wife to turn the car off and that all is good I hear this God awful sound come from the engine bay. See 4 weeks ago I was supposed to buy the $5.93 part for the tensioner (6203 bearing). I never did. Well it let go after tourquing on it. I even thought about it and that if this lets go now because I am messing with it I am in trouble. Oh well...going to go buy that on the way home and switch it out.

Anyways. THIS CAR IS GREAT. I have had it for 6 months and this is the first issue. I am searching for a 2JZGE block that is blown (read this as cheap block) so I can build it out of the car and then Turbo it. I plan to have it completed this year with a 5spd swap. Then next year I will move to a 6spd. So if anyone has a block let me know. Again...glad I bought this car. I think I have been converted from Nissan - oh how I hate to say that. The 300ZXTT is sitting broken and I have no desire to fix right now. I want to play with the Lex.
Old 01-10-07, 09:15 AM
shlounek
Lead Lap

I have a block the only problem is actually shipping. I did a 1JZ swap and the engine is sitting there. If you have someone who can pick it up I will let it go for cheap. PM if you are interested. the block is in Detroit Michigan
Old 01-10-07, 10:32 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

what part of Texas you from? Sounds like you might know a couple of the same people I did when I lived there? In Austin by chance???
Old 01-10-07, 05:09 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
what part of Texas you from? Sounds like you might know a couple of the same people I did when I lived there? In Austin by chance???
I am in Leander. Yea we might know a lot of the same people. Getting back into the scene again after being out for a couple years.
Old 01-10-07, 05:39 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats wrong with the 300zx?
Old 01-11-07, 08:28 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

driving to work one day the throttle stuck between shift and blew the headgaskets. I tore it down and then began a full restore. Removed everythign a prior shop had done to it and sold all the aftermarket parts. I am now in the process of stripping everything down to a rolling chassis. This will be my full race car. I just have no push to do it right now. I would rather play with the Lex. Maybe after I build the Lex engine I will begin building the Z engine. The Z I am targeting >800RWHP. Just need a change right now as I have had 3 Zs and had then up and down at different times.

I am also waiting to buy a piece of land out here and put a metal building on it to make my own personal shop.
Old 01-11-07, 07:13 PM
574-SC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat my 240sx is broke in the garage and I rather screw around with the Lexus.