Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Does ANYBODY know????What ever happened with the WeaponR ecu??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-06, 08:48 AM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Does ANYBODY know????What ever happened with the WeaponR ecu??

Hi,

I'm new to this forum-- what's up guys.. I've got a 92 SC400 that will be a project car until it's rebuilt enough to be a daily driver, and I have done quite a bit of research on this forum about piggyback ecu's... There seems to have been two companies that offered them pre-tuned, weaponR, and SRT, and both were just standard piggyback ecu's-- with a lot of cool features....

This mod is super interesting to me, but it seems that the posts ended way back in 03' and then the companies just fell off the maps-- I don't see anything on WeaponR's site about them, or SRT performance's site for that matter....

Were there reliability issues with the intercrew ecu, or with the 1uz on a heavy tune, or what is the story on these..

It looks like a Greddy Emanage Ultimate can support everything you want and then some for a piggyback, but you're on your own when it comes to tuning.

There just doesn't seem to be any products left or any recent info. on them and I'd like it if someone would point me in some kind of direction toward finding out more about a pre-tuned piggyback--

I don't want a flashed ecu, but rather something that can be tuned as you mod, and still be able to drive your car while doing it... instead of mailing your car's brain to another state and staring at it in the driveway until they send your ecu back....
Old 12-01-06, 02:33 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 years ago, Weapon R had a horrible quality issue problem. They fell off the map because their products were not quality. Combined with the fact that alot of sc400 owners refuse to pay for anything that costs over $200, the market for sc400 pre-tuned piggy back controllers crashed.
Old 12-01-06, 02:56 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on-- So the Eman it is.. I kinda wanted to do something like that more than having someone just send me a pre-tuned plug in magic box-- it's just less abstract when you program it yourself I suppose--

That's a sad story verylost--

I hate to hear that--

This car is a great alternative to a BMW, and those guys have some solid aftermarket available-- Not to mention the 540i engine was a knockoff of the 1uz-------