Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking for a dyno in KS area.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 07:37 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for a dyno in KS area.

This thread may get moved but I wasn’t sure where to put it, I put it here because I am talking about a dyno for sc400. I live close to Wichita KS and need a dyno. I have thus far found a couple in the KC area and in the Oklahoma City area. I really would like to find one closer than 3 hours away. Also what is important to me is to locate one with a knowledgeable staff that could assist me in tuning my car with my Perfect Power SMT6. If they are really experts I may be willing to drive the extra distance to use them, the problem is that once my car is supercharged I don’t really want to drive it 200 miles without a tune. Any one got any dyno references?
Old 10-25-06, 07:49 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not heard of one in Kansas. There are 2 in Tulsa, but I don't know if any of them have tuned with what you are using before.

Are you upgrading your fuel injectors? What size pulley are you running?

Jonny
Old 10-25-06, 07:52 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am starting with a 6lb pulley and stock injectors, once I have that tuned properly I have 9lb pulley and 315cc injectors. After that is done I will send my supercharger off for porting which will move me to 11lbs boost.
Old 10-25-06, 08:05 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I am starting with a 6lb pulley and stock injectors, once I have that tuned properly I have 9lb pulley and 315cc injectors. After that is done I will send my supercharger off for porting which will move me to 11lbs boost.
If you are running stock injectors and a 6lb pulley you can drive the car any distance without worrying about tuning it. As long as you don't get high up in the rpm range building boost, you can still do 75mph on the highway and only be making about 2-3lbs of boost - all of which the cars ECU can accumulate for.

That or just pull off the SC belt.

Jonny
Old 10-26-06, 05:12 AM
shombre
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, not sure if this helps you, but this is a list of PerfectPower dealers in the US. Perhaps one of them could direct you to a local tuner ?

http://www.perfectpower.com/dealer_c...&search=Search