Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

WTB: Intake, but questions abound...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 04:47 PM
Lucky Devin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Intake, but questions abound...

I'm very interested in getting some sort of intake system for my '95 400, and have been looking into the BFI (3rd style?) pretty heavily. My question is, do people make these and ship them out for a price, or is it pretty much a do-it-yourself type of thing? Forgive if this is a stupid question...

I'd really prefer to go the BFI route rather than the Injen short-ram, even though I am not all the knowledgable about the latter, or the former for that matter. And the RMM intake AFAIK is for the 91-93 only, I believe, however I was interested in that because it involved a different torque converter according to l-tuned. So, if anyone makes the BFI please do let me know because I would be quick to buy. I have no time on my hands to fabricate parts no matter how simple, and neither do I have the tools and space to do so.
Old 08-24-06, 08:30 AM
zegnaguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lucky Devin
I'm very interested in getting some sort of intake system for my '95 400, and have been looking into the BFI (3rd style?) pretty heavily. My question is, do people make these and ship them out for a price, or is it pretty much a do-it-yourself type of thing? Forgive if this is a stupid question...

I'd really prefer to go the BFI route rather than the Injen short-ram, even though I am not all the knowledgable about the latter, or the former for that matter. And the RMM intake AFAIK is for the 91-93 only, I believe, however I was interested in that because it involved a different torque converter according to l-tuned. So, if anyone makes the BFI please do let me know because I would be quick to buy. I have no time on my hands to fabricate parts no matter how simple, and neither do I have the tools and space to do so.
Hopefully your going to do an EGR Delete Mod otherwise even the best intake won't matter because the EGR puts your extremely hot air back in your intake plenum to worm everything back up.
Old 08-28-06, 09:14 AM
zegnaguy
Pole Position

Yeah the EGR is not talked about as much as you would think. It just depends on how much your going to be moding your car. Most people are doning to much and want to stay what they think is emmisions safe by leaving the EGR on. Taking it off will give you a code because its factory ECU. ON the 300 I6 Mkiv.com tech articles show us how to bypass that code I think.(unless i'm thinking of something else there is a lot on therefor 2jzge) V8 will definelety be different. You will notice a difference with a better intake and exhaust while EGR is still on. EGR delete is not done by most just looking to do basic upgrades. I wouldn't consider it a novice mod. Just depends what you want to do with the car. I considered it at the top of my list but I'm doing a lot more and not afraid to mess around with my engine. (its not my daily driver) Infact I just got it started up 2 weeks ago for the first time since I pulled the engine out and put in manual trainy and standalone. Not tuned yet just bought wideband now have to weld it in and tune my car.
Old 08-28-06, 06:58 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

This more of a post than a WTB add. Moved to engine section.
If you decide you want to buy a bfi then post that in the classifieds.