Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

friday for the turbonetics sc300 dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-06, 10:06 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friday for the turbonetics sc300 dyno tune

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225441

hey fellas above is the buildup thread for my 95 sc300 na-t.

this thread will cover the tuning and final rwhp numbers. i sepparated the thread because some people want to only know about the tuning tricks for a kit like this and some want to see the build up.

my turbonetics kit was purchased on ebay for $3000.00. after reading other threads here i changed around some of the workings of how the kit worked. from the kit i kept the manifold turbo piping, intercooler...etc and decided to discard the 2 440cc injectors map sensor and mini fuel controller. of the fuel/ignition side i kept the msd boost timing pieces that came with the kit. from boostlogic i purchased 6 new 440 cc injectors,pigtails, and a new walboro fuel pump. i had just purchased a new safc2 and aem wideband unit also to keep track of things.

tomorrow im installing the exhaust and will be running fully CATLESS. im looking for a single exhaust 3" all the way back from the downpipe back to the bumper. the following day im installing the new clutch. im untuned right now and the clutch is already slipping slightly when i get on it.

i will be having harman motive in torrance ca, do my tune. dan the owner has tuned for me a 2005 subaru wrx (245 whp daily driver), 2005 legacy gt (270 whp daily driver for my girl) , and my toyota supra 6 speed single turbo (704 whp).
i am wanting a healthy 320 whp from the lexus. but will be happy with 300 whp.

if you guys have questions let me know. and i will update as i go along this week for prep for tuning friday.
Old 07-18-06, 01:20 AM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see what the numbers are...Let us know asap after the dyno. Thanks.
Old 07-18-06, 09:18 AM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoCarSc300
Can't wait to see what the numbers are...Let us know asap after the dyno. Thanks.

as soon as i get home friday night after some joy riding i will.
Old 07-18-06, 11:07 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

I cant wait any longer, I want results NOW!!! Haha, j/k, good luck on the dyno and hopefully all will go well for you.
Old 07-21-06, 01:26 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

well after all this time it was FINALLY tuned! tuning done by harman motive in torrance ca. he has tuned MANY cars for me with great result. i would refer him highly!!

stock block / stock compression / stock cams / stock 5 speed / stock rearend.
MOTOR NOT MODIFIED!

stock rwhp numbers 179 rwhp BONE STOCK 2.5 weeks ago

base rwhp numbers 212 rwhp UNTUNED today

final rwhp numbers 301 rwhp today

this is on 8 psi turbonetics kit , ls400 maf, 440cc injectors, safc2, 3" exhaust no cats, msd boost timing retard unit, walboro fuel pump.

here are some pics and dyno graph.

Last edited by bens sc; 07-21-06 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 01:54 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
Job well done !

A friday worth celebrating with a speeding ticket

i couldnt agree with you more! thanks for the reply!
Old 07-21-06, 02:09 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
I got hit just last sunday coming back from New Orleans....97 in a 70 ....he was sitting at a rest stop i didnt see coming over a hill...Stupid me...

Im impressed with the Tq numbers 283 is pretty good, thats the one thing i was concerned about with turboing the SC but that looks pretty good. What were your stock numbers i saw the HP what about torque ? and what turbo are you rockn

i honestly dont remember the torque # for stock settings, i have it here somewhere and should find it, when i do i will post a number next to the stock hp #. the turbo is a 60-1
Old 07-21-06, 02:23 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Thats awesome! ill have to check out harman motive when my swap is complete.
Old 07-21-06, 02:30 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Thats Sweet bro cant waight to see sum vids, dam i need to get another SC X2 lol

Last edited by $C300; 07-21-06 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 03:16 PM
GoCarSc300
Pole Position

Congratulations on the way your project came together. I have similar power goals for my SC and I had a few questions about your tuning. Would you say that your tuning was relatively conservative for more daily street use or did you guys really get all the power you could and do a less conservative tune with more possibility of leaning out and/or detonation? Let me know. Thanks, and congrats once again on a very nice setup.
Old 07-21-06, 03:29 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Congrats on the numbers ben . Looks like everything is running pretty good.
Old 07-21-06, 03:50 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Cool

nice job and nice "representin" for all "us" Green sc's YO .
Old 07-21-06, 03:57 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoCarSc300
Congratulations on the way your project came together. I have similar power goals for my SC and I had a few questions about your tuning. Would you say that your tuning was relatively conservative for more daily street use or did you guys really get all the power you could and do a less conservative tune with more possibility of leaning out and/or detonation? Let me know. Thanks, and congrats once again on a very nice setup.

we tuned for max initial potential yet gave lets say 10% up for RELAIBLE power, i hate cars that are problems for me. we could have fiddled with the msd boost timing box and gone from there and played with afr's for some more power but i was cool with where it ended up with good power and ZERO detonation. my initial goal was 320 whp but happy with 300whp so i did get my wish. i have a 2jzgte motor in the works that i will be swapping in by next year so this might hold me for now. if i get really anxious, i will throw in a headgasket and turn up the boost and go from there. but for now this is just fine. now im going to repaint the car and redo the interior.
Old 07-21-06, 03:58 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
nice job and nice "representin" for all "us" Green sc's YO .
i was waiting for you to chime in....lol

thanks for the words dejacky. and BTW the turbo shaft you pictured looked "ok" to me.
Old 07-23-06, 11:01 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

what rims? they are nice
also congratz on the turbo and tuning, time to invest in a valentine one!

Quick Reply: friday for the turbonetics sc300 dyno tune