Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Some questions for the NA-T guys.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 04:08 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions for the NA-T guys.

Well im still debating all my options as to where to go with this car(95 SC 300, auto). My goal right now is to have an easily streetable, not so bad on the gas miliage performance SC. I want to keep my HP under 350 or so. I am also thinking long term and evently I will want to upgrade the tranny, to support more then 400hp.
I have decided to turbo the GE, because of cost effectivness. I would do the 1jz, but I do not have enough experience under the hood to do this yet. I also plan to get the turbo done by a shop that has a reptuable sheet. Also am looking for the least possible down time so I will not do it myself.

So here are the questions.
1. What size turbo do you think would suit me best for right now, I was thinking a mid size then I will just change the springs out in the wastegate to get me the boost I want. 6-7 PSI.

2. Has anyone used this kit? http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037
It seems like a very good price compared to the Boost logic kits.
I can source the other parts, 255 pump, intercooler piping.

3. Most of what I have read said the stock auto is only good for 300hp or so. How much would say a Supra TT trany cost to have put in, by someone else?

4.Will an Apexi S-FAC2 work for all my tuning needs?

5.Is there anything else you guys might suggest to me?

Im also broke so I don't have alot of room to play here.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-29-06, 06:47 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

Also can I use stock injectors for a T60 turbo?
Old 07-02-06, 12:01 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

save your money, it will cost a lot more than you think. If you are "broke" then spending money on a car is not the best idea. Im saying from experience because paying for car **** can get you into trouble financially when stuff doesnt go right and other parts break.

Id suggest daveH or bl's kit though.
Old 07-02-06, 05:53 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation

Originally Posted by onebadshot
...Im also broke so I don't have alot of room to play here. Thanks guys...
I was about to make all kinds of suggestions until I read this last phrase. Do not turbo your car if you are broke. Like the previous person mentioned, you WILL end up spending a LOT more money to PROPERLY TURBO your car. If you half-*** it, you WILL end up paying even more because of unavoidable complications. I originally didn't want to spend more than $3,000, but so far it's cost me $10,000+ and the car still isn't done
Old 07-02-06, 08:43 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

If you want to keep it cheap and effective.. throw on a real nice nitros system and have the shot bring you up to 350hp on demand...Automatic botlle opener is nice too.., 15lbs nos bottle, etc... $1200 should cover all costs for a real nice on demand nos system... Gas mileage remains the same, 15lb nos bottles last forever...what else no problems with emissions, and nos does not have any lag what so ever like a turbo.....You also retain the reliablility factor of a N/A motor which I think is big.....

Nos bottle refills are the biggest downer at $70 or so a pop for a 15lb bottle refill...My 15 pounder lasts almost a month and I use it all the time...10lb nos bottles are short lived but pack a good punch on a dry system......A 15lb bottle of nos running a 100hp shot ishould last you for 50 good runs or so.... Just a suggestion...