Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cooling Woes and I am confused

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 08:45 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cooling Woes and I am confused

Ok I have spent the last 2 hours searching through threads about engine cooling and I have read almost all of them. The conclusion I have come to is there are no switched ign sources under the hood. All switched ignition sources are in the fuse box kick panel on the driver side.

Where is the underhood ignition switched sourece?

If I connect taurus electric fan on constant high what dangers am I looking to get into?

If i use a 50amp relay can I run it constant high?

What are the downfalls to excessive engine cooling other than the engine never reaching optimum operating temp?

Is there a way to wire in the fan to the factory thermostat for low speed usage?

What about wiring it in to the A/C for high speed cooling.?

My factory fan clutch is crapped out and I can't find one that is reasonable and don't tell me the dealer there prices for some stuff is not reasonable. The one from autozone does not fit the factory fan but autozone does not have a fan that fits the fan clutch they sell. Any suggestion would be nice and I have done plenty of searching on this modification including searching on both clublexus and supraforums and I have read all I can from dcontrol.com so any other input or guidance would be nice. I have also searchd intellexual and he doesn't have much to say.

Thanks

Amir

P.S. If i missed something searching please let me know I read all that I could find on fan selection and wiring.
Old 06-12-06, 10:51 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

any help here would be appreciated.