Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Impressed with S&S

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 10:18 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressed with S&S

I was a bit taken back by the headers I recently received. A set of v8 collectors w/ new gaskets and hardware. Not only that, but they have already been sent to jet-hot. All for $621 shipped to my door. I own an Acura CL-S as well. Both the acura and sc400 are in the same boat, limited modifications. But the headers for my acura will run me 1050 to my door (v6 application) and no jet-hot. Well I'm in the process of ordering borlas, resonators, cats, and x-pipe to build my full exhaust. Not that there arent any threads on the topic already, but i'm just a little excited.

Some pictures so far.

Old 06-08-06, 10:22 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I am so happy for you.....could you please keep me in the loop because I want to do this really soon...
Old 06-08-06, 10:28 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i'm going to update this post as the parts come. roughly two weeks, everything should be installed.

the SC is in the shop right now: switching out eibachs for espelirs, steering rack bushings (daizen), front and rear upper/lower control arm bushings (daizen).

phew. an overhaul, not to mention the new radiator, thermostat, coolant overflow tank i put in a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-08-06, 10:29 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A fellow member Pearlpower, did before and after dyno with his S&S headers on his SC430 and has got good overall results...Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15hp + gain if I can recall...It would be very helpful if you did the same before-after dyno to your newly acquired headers also...For reference, it would be nice to see the actual gains you get from these compared to those of OEM...You might want to have a look at it over in the 2nd gen SC430 forum..

BTW, they look great!
Old 06-08-06, 10:35 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

i believe i saw that dyno, and i do plan on doing a before dyno. only thing done is a k&n drop-in right now. but it will be hard to gauge, because the after won't just be headers since the entire exhaust system is being replaced.
Old 06-08-06, 10:43 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtucci
i believe i saw that dyno, and i do plan on doing a before dyno. only thing done is a k&n drop-in right now. but it will be hard to gauge, because the after won't just be headers since the entire exhaust system is being replaced.
Great! I'll be looking forward to seeing the final results...

What kind of numbers are you looking into? My guess would be (230HP 260HP) at best, but who knows, surprise me....

Right now, I have only full exhaust and BFI on my 1UZ. I've been looking into getting some numbers but, I haven't had the chance to get it on the dyno yet... Anyhow, best of luck to yours, I'm sure it'll turn out to be one hell of a 1UZ after the header/exhaust install...
Old 06-08-06, 10:49 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

my short term goal is 250 whp. once that is attained, i am going for 300 whp. after the exhaust, and the bfi, do a little PnP on the intake manifold. then a full tune.

sometime next year i plan to have the motor rebuilt to a 4.7L.
Old 06-09-06, 05:06 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

If you do before and after dyno make sure you grab the actual dyno files. If you do not already have it already, you can download the Dynojet Runviewer and compare the results. It's a very nice tool to have when dynoing mod after mod.

And a question, are there any long tube headers available for the SC400? Or are these the only ones available?
Old 06-09-06, 07:27 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

the ony long tubes i ever heard of were from tex, in australia, but when i tried contacting him via emails, he was no where to be found.
Old 06-09-06, 07:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Hi Jtucci, tthose headers look really awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing your dyno results in the future!

Did you get S&S to do the jet hot coating as well?
Old 06-09-06, 08:27 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

thanks. they came like that! before i got the headers, my plan was to send them to jet-hot. when i opened the box, i said, these look like they already have been there. i called up s&s and they confirmed. not a bad deal imo.
Old 06-09-06, 08:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jtucci
thanks. they came like that! before i got the headers, my plan was to send them to jet-hot. when i opened the box, i said, these look like they already have been there. i called up s&s and they confirmed. not a bad deal imo.
Thanks man! Good to know.
Old 06-09-06, 10:44 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Got to love those Headers got a set myself...Just needed to figure out what I wanted to do with the EGR system when installing the headers.....
Attached Thumbnails Impressed with S&S-hpim0446a.jpg  
Old 06-09-06, 10:51 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Just to let you guys know these SC400 S&S Headers were originally designed for the GS400 and is not a perfect fit as it lowers your entire exhaust system..You will not be able to just bolt them on in the backyard and drive off into the sunset... You will need a little exhaust altering such as shortening the down pipes and if you don't plan on Deleting the EGR you will need to weld a new flange to relocate the EGR valve onto the down pipes to keep the EGR intact...

With all that said the headers rock..
Attached Thumbnails Impressed with S&S-one.jpg  
Old 09-02-06, 11:42 PM
akitamike
Driver School Candidate

Default dyno results

anyone ever get any before and after dyno results with these s&s headers on the SC4?

Quick Reply: Impressed with S&S