Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte wont run right....... help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 11:06 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte wont run right....... help please

92 sc300 5spd --> 1jzgte auto soarer -- well it turned over no problem, so let me give u the story, first i notcied it didnt sound right, sounded smooth but more like an electric car or something(stock sc300 exahust system with mufflers removed) gave it gas and there was no power, like it had more power idling. i turned it off and tested for leaks in the piping, found 3, heh. fixed em and tried again, sounded a litlle better, but did the same thing when i gave it gas, just kind of buckled and felt like i the throttle was doing nothing. played with it a little and then it wouldnt even idle for me and just kept dying. ran out of time to work on it so i called it a night and here i am, things i think it might be,

--mayby more boost leaks (double check that tomorrow)
--timing is off (i put a cam gear on the exhaust side, ive never done that before but i followed instructions carefully and i rotated the crank a couple times and the cam gears matched up before i put the engine in) how do u hook up a timing light to an engine with coil packs, is it different than a distributer type?
--ignition timing or some kind of electrical timing(as oppossed to mechanical) i remeber the stock 2jz had something like that)
-- i still have stock fuel pump in, i have the walboro but wanted to have it running good before i changed it, mayby its not dumping enough fuel when i get on the throttle?
-- the very first plug off the harness out of the engine i cant find anything to plug it into (red circle)
-- this vacuum hose i couldnt figure out what it went to so i capped it off (green out line)
-- i couldnt remeber where the gound went thats hangin underneath the car, so i just bolted it to the bottom of the engine) also there one on the back of the engine that i cant reach cuz its gone now once i installed motor, heh, i will ground it tomorrow
--i cut and extended the kock sensor wires, thought i did a pretty good job, and ive done it b4 on another car and it worked, but if this happens when those are messed up id like to know, heh.
-- throttle postions sensor (no reason y i think it might be, i dont kno, thats y im asking u guys)
-- sum kind of bad sensor that may cause this(O2, crank position sensor) iono?

i appreciate all the help(im gona need it) uve guys have already got me this far(through researching ur wisdom) lets help get another 1jz at the next meet! thanks
since ill be workin on the car all day tomorrow and will only see this post in the mornin, thanks

this pic isnt my dirty engine, but thats the clip that i dont have plugged in, i think it has 3 wires
Attached Thumbnails 1jzgte wont run right....... help please-clip.jpg  

Last edited by sc1jzgte; 11-01-11 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-12-06, 11:30 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

heres the vacuum line i have capped off
Attached Thumbnails 1jzgte wont run right....... help please-vacuum-hose.jpg  
Old 05-12-06, 11:40 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

That would be your map sensor your missing in the red circle, the line you capped off is the line that plugs into your map sensor i'm sure. I'm guessing your swap or clip didn't come with a map sensor. That's a big reason why your car is running bad. Also your stock fuel pump is enough to handle, i'm running it right now and have had no problems.

Last edited by SoarerJzz3; 05-12-06 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-12-06, 11:51 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

hmm, wheres does the map sensor plug plug into(obviously the map sensosr) but i mean is it a peice i may have left on the clip? it looks like that plug plugs into something on the car, i just assumed that the maps would be located somwhere like the mafs, i had to get rid of the clip, uhoh, i hope i can still get to it. if not can i get one off an older supra or something that would work?
Old 05-13-06, 01:54 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

wow, i must look like a retard to those of wise ones in here, sorry i posted so fast without researching my quest, just am in a time bind, but i guess my dum*** forgot that map sensor thingy when i did an entire engine swap, o well, u live and u learn, i guess ill be trying to get it off my clip if it still exists right now(had to get it out of where i had it) if its gone than i think this will work, wat about u guys?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAP-S...spagenameZWD1V
Old 05-13-06, 06:55 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

That is your problem and the map in the link will work.
Old 05-13-06, 09:21 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

thanks guys, got tha part on and reset the ecu, turned the key and started right up, idles and revs smooth, now to hook up all the guages so i can take it for a test drive...

Last edited by sc1jzgte; 05-13-06 at 08:10 PM.