Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Where do these parts go?? Electrical Connector & Vacuum Line (PICS INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 01:11 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where do these parts go?? Electrical Connector & Vacuum Line (PICS INSIDE)

Okay, I'm reassembeling my engine and I can't figure out where these couple things go. I've been looking through my repair manual non-stop, however the pictures aren't detailed enough to let me know where these small things go.

Here is the vacuum line from the intake manifold where theres a flap inside (not sure what else to call it), its identical to the flap inside the throttle body, but looks like it just opens and closes from this vacuum line. All I need somebody to do is go out and look at their 2jz and see where this connects to so I can finally reattach it.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody could look at thier car real quick, or has some pics that show where it needs to go.

My car is almost completely back together except for these things and I want to get it running!!

Theres more detailed pics in the gallery if you need to look closer, I can take different angles too.

Last edited by TMaxxTim; 04-22-06 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 06:08 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Okay, the connector I have pictured goes to the oil level sensor. Rerouted that wire and got it fixed.

However I have yet another connector on the back of the engine, I'll post a pic later and hopefully somebody can help me, its gray.

With the flap inside the intake, would that cause a rough idle if its not flowing right, or if there is a vacuum line open. I can hear one open, I just have to locate it now and reconnect with the flap.

The last and final problem which may be more detremental and may be causing my rough idle.

Out of the back left of the engine (passenger side), there is coolant drizzling out. My first guess is of course something is loose back there like when I put the head bolts on, and the coolant is leaking through that. I dont think the coolant is getting into the engine however. I had lots of smoke on startup, but thats to be expected as I had a bunch of cleaning and seafoam stuff in there. I'll post pics here in a few min.
Old 04-22-06, 06:25 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Hopefully somebody can help me out. I need to drive back to lexington tomorrow so hopefully I can get everything drivable.

Here's the electrical connector. I'm going to look at some wiring diagrams later that will hopefully help me out but thought I might as well ask it anyways.

Here's where the coolant is dripping from the back of my engine. I'm considering removing the left valve cover again and tightening the bejesus out of the back engine head bolt in hopes that it will fix it. I dont think theres any pipes that coolant flows through in the back of the engine so I'm guessing this has to be whats wrong. Any other guesses?
Old 04-23-06, 10:12 AM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Well for future refrence, that vacuum line connector is directly under the intake manifold, where you could not get to it unless you removed it.

The coolant leak is from the large coolant line connecting to the back of the engine.....I didnt have the clamp on it!!

Well now theres 2 other vacuum lines missing after I put the intake back on. Car runs fine though....we'll see how it goes. I'm just to tired to fool with it anymore.