Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

opened up fuel pump ecu

Old 09-10-15, 03:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I have at least 5 of those fuel pump ecu laying around ... free for anyone whose car is not running because of a bad pump ecu.. just send me a shipping label I can put a box and I will drop it off the post office !

Last edited by gerrb; 09-10-15 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-10-15, 05:50 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I have at least 5 of those fuel pump ecu laying around ... free for anyone whose car is not running because of a bad pump ecu.. just send me a shipping label I can put a box and I will drop it off the post office !
Gerrb,

I would love one with pepperoni please!

I suspect mine is going.

Thank You,
I'll text you for info on shipping label
Old 09-11-15, 05:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Gerrb,

I would love one with pepperoni please!

I suspect mine is going.

Thank You,
I'll text you for info on shipping label
okidoks ..but no pepperoni for you ! Send me a text message. All i need is a small box priority mail shipping label in pdf format sent to my email so I can print it and fasten it to the box and I drop it off at the post office .
Old 01-26-16, 07:58 AM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by williamb82
The large one is 820uf 50v, the small one is 47uf 50v.

I have been having an issue where the car wont start when it is completely dead cold and cooler than about 80deg. If I unplug the maf, bump the key, it tries to fir.e Plug it back in it then fires up but idles rough as crap till warm, then I can drive it and shut it off and back on without issue. In the afternoon when it is 90deg+ out and the car has been sitting for hours, it starts fine, but idles rough till warmed up. I figured bad ECT, changed it, same issue. Then for giggles I tried jumping the B+ and Fp pins in the check connector with the key in the on position. I heard fuel in the rail, then I tried starting it and it fired right up. So, this led me to believe it is an issue with the Fuel pump ecu, pulled mine out after finding your thread, and the small cap on mine had leaked all the fluid out and one of the legs was rusty, the large one is fine. I had a 47uf 35v cap here, soldiered it in and put the ecu back. It fired right up but the real test wont be until in the morning when I leave for work.

So did this end up working out? My car will not turn the fuel pump on after its been running and stopped. You have to turn it over multiple times before I hear the pump kick on again then it will start. I am thinking this is it...
Old 02-01-16, 02:41 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

The fuel pump ecu works fine. My cold start issue turned out to be something else. Coil is jumping to the hood blanket when there is a lot of condensation in the blanket. I fixed it by placing a piece of foam over the coil/wire connection. I lined the foam with electrical tape. Basically, I need a new hood blanket as mine is sagging.
Old 02-01-16, 04:55 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

It would be easier to just remove the hood blanket (or get new clips) if it's sagging that bad. It kinda sorta has some noise suppression and fire retarding qualities, but not much consensus on either. Even the fire/emergency professionals say the latter is more myth than reality, from what I've read.
Old 02-08-16, 02:33 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Itll keep the header from heating the hood in that area to the point he clear coat starts bubbling and flaking, so I dont plan to remove it.
Old 02-08-16, 09:48 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by williamb82
Itll keep the header from heating the hood in that area to the point he clear coat starts bubbling and flaking, so I dont plan to remove it.
More hearsay. Lots of cars don't have hood blankets and suffer no such issues.