Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

After-Market Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 12:40 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default After-Market Performance Parts

For those of you that have been trying to increase the performance of your SC400s, I am curious what you have found out there in the are of performance parts for the 1UZ?

I am building my second motor, and I am putting in Ross forged pistons, Pauter forged rods (expensive), and am looking for valves, but cannot find any other than stock. Any ideas on valves?

Any other parts and brands?

Thanks,
Old 03-10-06, 12:49 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure you've checked Lextreme.com already right? That would be your best bet...and i'm sure you already knew that...

How's the progress bar moving on the install? I'm dying to see it finished, maybe you'll see mine soon...
Old 03-10-06, 12:55 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,

I know exactly where you are trying to lead the readers...lol
Old 03-10-06, 10:20 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

I asked a simple question, and you guys read far more into it....Yes, there is a possibility of valves on another site, but only a possibility. If there are some valves that are already available, that someone already knows of, then I do not have to wait for something that may never happen. So, please, do not read more into a simple question. I would like to replace my stock valves with aftermarket ones at a reasonable price, I mentioned no websites, nor hinted as much. Please keep it as such, and do not accuse me of something I am not guilty of...

Ryan
Old 03-10-06, 10:24 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
How's the progress bar moving on the install? I'm dying to see it finished, maybe you'll see mine soon...

I am making real progress on the TT project...It will be another month to complete, But the headers will be correctly made and gorgeous...Not like the pic I posted up last week of the mock one you may have seen...I will post no more pics until this is up and running...Then you will see all the pics.

Good luck Tony...BTW, Lextreme does not have everything...

Ryan
Old 03-11-06, 06:28 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good on the Valves...... I really doubt you will get the number you are looking for. We are dealing with a bunch of cheap but yet want to go fast group of people. When it comes to after market performance parts........ People want them.... but dont want to pay for them. Secondly did the seller mention on how much machining it need to make it work? Is there room for valve sets? Is the vavle work on all uzfe engines? You better find out more before jumping into this unknown territory and mislead CL members.
Old 03-11-06, 08:22 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

David:

I am not and have not lead anybody to anything...What are you talking about???? I am simply looking for info from CL members on whether anybody knows of valves for the 1UZ...For example, I believe the valves for the Supra are almost identical to the 1UZ. Nothing more David...

Ryan

Originally Posted by Lextreme
Good on the Valves...... I really doubt you will get the number you are looking for. We are dealing with a bunch of cheap but yet want to go fast group of people. When it comes to after market performance parts........ People want them.... but dont want to pay for them. Secondly did the seller mention on how much machining it need to make it work? Is there room for valve sets? Is the vavle work on all uzfe engines? You better find out more before jumping into this unknown territory and mislead CL members.
Old 03-11-06, 09:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts